Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA GW question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA GW question

I have a bit of situation.

I have three baddies left.  Two that I am trying to GW, and another I am trying to PFD

The one GW I am trying to work on is USAA.  

I sent them a GW request about 3 months ago to the office of the CEO, the lady who called that time was very nice and helpful, but said there was nothing they could do at this time, because the have to report accurate information, etc.....ok, no problem.

I just decided to try and GW again.  They called me two night, and this lady was just plain mean.

She said, "Listen, we have to report accurately, and fairly.  You have already had the account verified through the credit bureau, and this is your second letter to us about a goodwill exemption, we will not entertain a third. It will automatically be denied."

UGH!

How should I go about this?

A Little background. This was a $48 ($48 measly dollars!) balance that my ex-wife left on my CC that went to 120 late and was charged off (04/2013) until I paid in full (12/2015) when I started paying attention to me credit.  Which means this will be on my report until 04/2020

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA GW question

Send a letter every 3 months if that is the schedule you are on, if they threaten and some do then stop otherwise dont give up. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by threaten?  Most attempts at GW end with a kissoff response if any just curious if I need to be wary of anything especially using the saturation method...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a bit of situation.

I have three baddies left.  Two that I am trying to GW, and another I am trying to PFD

The one GW I am trying to work on is USAA.  

I sent them a GW request about 3 months ago to the office of the CEO, the lady who called that time was very nice and helpful, but said there was nothing they could do at this time, because the have to report accurate information, etc.....ok, no problem.

I just decided to try and GW again.  They called me two night, and this lady was just plain mean.

She said, "Listen, we have to report accurately, and fairly.  You have already had the account verified through the credit bureau, and this is your second letter to us about a goodwill exemption, we will not entertain a third. It will automatically be denied."

UGH!

How should I go about this?

A Little background. This was a $48 ($48 measly dollars!) balance that my ex-wife left on my CC that went to 120 late and was charged off (04/2013) until I paid in full (12/2015) when I started paying attention to me credit.  Which means this will be on my report until 04/2020

They are tough.

The often do not sue.   They may report/ and update the chargeoff for the entire seven years.      I am currently at 6 years 11 months and they have updated monthly as "failed to pay".  

And when I tried to pay them, I could not, as they sent me a 1099 and refused a payment.      I paid for the 1099 tax 2 years ago.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

She did not threaten, however her tone and attitude basically told me...try it again dude, and we will deny it imediately.  We have told you twice, we are not going to tell you again.

Maybe Ill get lucky and get a nice lady I can sweet talk next time. lol

If I keep bothering them once a quarter, is there anything they can really do beside just say no?  

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by threaten?  Most attempts at GW end with a kissoff response if any just curious if I need to be wary of anything especially using the saturation method...

There have been several reports of companies threatening harassment charges if they continue, they are rare but if you get one of these its best not to push it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.