Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured Credit Card

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

USAA Secured Credit Card

Just thought I would share this little bit of info: I read a post from someone over the weekend about USAA starting to have a secured card. Well, I emailed them since I am a member to find out more about it. Come to find out that they are not posting it online but they do have a pilot program they are testing at this time. Secured Credit card is avail. but you have to email them. Also, you have to be a member of USAA.

I am copying the info I was sent into this message....

Dear Mrs. Exxxx,

At this time you may have a minimum deposit of $250. After 12 months we will review the account to determine if it can be transferred to a non-Secured Credit Card.

Thank you,
USAA

Dear Mrs. Exxxx,

Thank you for your online message regarding secured cards. At this time the Secure Card is being offered as a pilot. We will however, send you an application. We ask you allow 5-7 business days for delivery of the application.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
USAA

I am not sure how they will evaluate or if they will look at credit. I will keep you up to date as I learn more.

Nik J

Message Edited by llecs on 01-26-2010 06:48 PM
Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: USAA Secured Credit Card

WONDERFUL!!!  That is great to know that they are beginning to offer it now!  Can you PM me with the email address you used?  I am also going to try through my USAA rep and see if he has more info on it.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed them also to see if i could qualify for a secured card. Citi turned me do to chexsystems and BOA turned me down because of my credit report

Message Edited by socialbutterflyin on 01-20-2010 08:53 AM
Message 3 of 116
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I went to the USAA site and sent used the message tab at the top and requested a Secured Credit Card application. There is no info on the site and if you call they do not have a lot of info. It goes to a special dept that is handling this since it is a Pilot Program. They will not pull credit since the funds will be placed in a CD but after a yr will review to see if eligible to switch over to a Unsecured Card.
Message 4 of 116
newstart2010
Blogger

This is awesome!!!  I sent a message to them shortly after seeing your post today.  How soon did you get a response? 

Message 5 of 116
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Socialbutterflyin,Are you a member of USAA? You would need to be a member.
Message 6 of 116
NikJ4
Established Contributor

NS2010,

I got a reply to my message in less than 24 hrs to be honest. You will be fine. Just PM me if you need anything else.

Nik J

Message 7 of 116
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Just a quick question, do you need to have military credentials or is it available for the civilian members side as well?
~JD
Message 8 of 116
newstart2010
Blogger

USAA is available to all military personel, past and present, who have had an honorable service record, and all spouses, ex-spouses, children of past and present members.

Message 9 of 116
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

They do have banking services and a few other services available to the general/civilian public like myself, I have a checking/savings currently and planning to open a CD as soon as I can get all my cash away from BoA.
~JD
Message 10 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.