Established Contributor
NikJ4

USAA Secured Credit Card

[ Edited ]

Just thought I would share this little bit of info: I read a post from someone over the weekend about USAA starting to have a secured card. Well, I emailed them since I am a member to find out more about it. Come to find out that they are not posting it online but they do have a pilot program they are testing at this time. Secured Credit card is avail. but you have to email them. Also, you have to be a member of USAA.

I am copying the info I was sent into this message....

Dear Mrs. Exxxx,

At this time you may have a minimum deposit of $250. After 12 months we will review the account to determine if it can be transferred to a non-Secured Credit Card.

Thank you,
USAA

Dear Mrs. Exxxx,

Thank you for your online message regarding secured cards. At this time the Secure Card is being offered as a pilot. We will however, send you an application. We ask you allow 5-7 business days for delivery of the application.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
USAA

I am not sure how they will evaluate or if they will look at credit. I will keep you up to date as I learn more.

Nik J

Message Edited by llecs on 01-26-2010 06:48 PM

Start Score:493Current Score:635
Goal Score: 700>>>>>App free since (umm not saying...I struggle with this)
Blogger
newstart2010

Re: USAA Secured Credit Card

WONDERFUL!!!  That is great to know that they are beginning to offer it now!  Can you PM me with the email address you used?  I am also going to try through my USAA rep and see if he has more info on it.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
socialbutterflyin

[ Edited ]

I emailed them also to see if i could qualify for a secured card. Citi turned me do to chexsystems and BOA turned me down because of my credit report

Message Edited by socialbutterflyin on 01-20-2010 08:53 AM
Established Contributor
NikJ4

I went to the USAA site and sent used the message tab at the top and requested a Secured Credit Card application. There is no info on the site and if you call they do not have a lot of info. It goes to a special dept that is handling this since it is a Pilot Program. They will not pull credit since the funds will be placed in a CD but after a yr will review to see if eligible to switch over to a Unsecured Card.

Blogger
newstart2010

This is awesome!!!  I sent a message to them shortly after seeing your post today.  How soon did you get a response? 
Established Contributor
NikJ4

Socialbutterflyin,Are you a member of USAA? You would need to be a member.

Established Contributor
NikJ4

NS2010,

I got a reply to my message in less than 24 hrs to be honest. You will be fine. Just PM me if you need anything else.

Nik J

New Contributor
joeydtx

Just a quick question, do you need to have military credentials or is it available for the civilian members side as well?
~JD

598 TU / 565 EQ / ?? EX - 12/27/09
612 TU / 588 EQ / ?? EX - 2/3/10
634 TU / 609 EQ / 577 EX FAKO - 2/25/10
Blogger
newstart2010

USAA is available to all military personel, past and present, who have had an honorable service record, and all spouses, ex-spouses, children of past and present members.
New Contributor
joeydtx

They do have banking services and a few other services available to the general/civilian public like myself, I have a checking/savings currently and planning to open a CD as soon as I can get all my cash away from BoA.
~JD

598 TU / 565 EQ / ?? EX - 12/27/09
612 TU / 588 EQ / ?? EX - 2/3/10
634 TU / 609 EQ / 577 EX FAKO - 2/25/10

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+