Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured Credit Card

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Secured Credit Card

Joeydtx- that is correct. The banking is open to anyone. The other services are for members with military affiliations.
Message 11 of 116
newstart2010
Blogger

They replied, and are sending out applications for both my husband and myself.  Yay!  I am so happy that they have this new card, it is going to be a major help, esp since it unsecures after a year.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 12 of 116
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Rats, well I emailed them before I saw this so now I know.  Wish my uncles were with USAA ><  3 are retired Marines and one is just recently retired National Guard.  Getting to do business with our honored soldiers though is awesome though!
~JD
Message 13 of 116
NikJ4
Established Contributor

They review after a year, since this is a new program I am not sure that it will be easy but in a year, we should have great scores so it should not matter.
Message 14 of 116
newstart2010
Blogger

joey, i suggest giving them a call and seeing if there is anything you can do.  you never know, they may grant membership based on something you just don't know about yet. 

also, you should recommend usaa to them.  they do not have to get any of the products.  just become members.  then you can see if you can get membership that way.  good luck!!!  it really is an amazing group to be affiliated with.

Message 15 of 116
NikJ4
Established Contributor

No, newstart 2010, I worked for USAA and you have to either be military past or present or be the dependent. They do not allow mothers,fathers, aunts, uncles etc membership. Only military, spouses, children.....

Sorry.

Anyone can use the banking part though. (may be restricted to those who live in bexar county)

Message 16 of 116
newstart2010
Blogger

Dang.  That is too bad that extended family cannot get in.  Smiley Sad  It is such an amazing group to be a member of, its sad to not be able to share it with as many people as possible.  lol

Message 17 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep im a member. I was told that all the applications had already been sent out and to try at a later time. Then I received an email saying that it was just for military personnel only Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 116
newstart2010
Blogger

You mean for active military personel?  Or anyone who is a member by way of family of military and use other products?

Message 19 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

it may be all of the above. Im not affiliated with anyone in the military. I just have a regular account. I wonder if any of the other members who got apps for the secured cards have affiliated military accounts with USAA
Message 20 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.