Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured

tag
Sobo
New Contributor

USAA Secured

Is that only for USAA military? I tried to set up my USAA - through my stepdad. But it didn't work. I could have had some wrong info. I was wanting to get one secured credit card and then go into the garden for a couple years. I wanted USAA Amex....but it is giving me an error.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coterotie
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Secured

Your step das has to have some type of account with them.  Then you can do the credit cards and insurance.  BTW, the have a great insurance plan for a new driver.  We saved big over esurance when I added my son last week. 

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

He doesn't need a current account, just had to have had one in the past.

I am no longer a member of USAA and both of my children are eligible.

Message 3 of 7
Sobo
New Contributor

Thanks - I don't think he ever has a USAA account. So...that rules me out. I have a co-worker who has USAA and LOVES them. He talked about buying a truck through them, his auto and home insurance is through them. He actually burnt his house down by accident a couple years ago and they were fantastic. The recent tornadoes and West explosion here in Texas....they had a bus out helping people.

Shoot.

Okay - second card....First Progress? I just want one, then I'm in the garden.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 4 of 7
coterotie
Established Contributor

They have a special insurance plan for like $29/yr that he can purchase which will give you the benefits.

Message 5 of 7
Sobo
New Contributor

Thanks. I asked him if I could use him and he said yes. He may do that, I am surprised why anyone in military wouldn't do business with this company. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

USAA is a good bank and have awesome insurance rates etc but,  NFCU is more lenient with CC.  Many military members use both.

The only reason I stopped using USAA is I am tired of doing my banking online or over the phone.  I wanted a bank I could walk into if I had an issue.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.