Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA reporting

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

USAA reporting

Have anyone experienced this? I've had my credit card with USAA for over a year and the first time I've experienced this. My due date is the 8th of each month and I PIF or leave a very small balance less than $1. After reviewing my report my score dropped for high utilization and come to find out although my due date is the 8th they report on the13th or 14th so if use my card after the due date it will go against me. I waited 3-4 days after due date to use my card. This is the first for me. No other problems with my other cards.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA reporting

@Kimberly68 wrote:
Have anyone experienced this? I've had my credit card with USAA for over a year and the first time I've experienced this. My due date is the 8th of each month and I PIF or leave a very small balance less than $1. After reviewing my report my score dropped for high utilization and come to find out although my due date is the 8th they report on the13th or 14th so if use my card after the due date it will go against me. I waited 3-4 days after due date to use my card. This is the first for me. No other problems with my other cards.

Yes, the current statement will normally close 3-5 days after the payment due date. Its the balance on that day that gets reported, not the balance on your due date. You just need make sure you don't use the card until the statement closes.

Message 2 of 6
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Thanks my apologies for double posting.
Message 3 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

You can see the list of statement cut dates online to get an idea of when to start using your card again.    I have mine paid by the 22nd (when I need utilization perfect) and use it again when I get the "your bill is ready" alerts.  I'm always safe on the 25th.

One nice thing about USAA. I pay the bill and It is instantly posted.  Not like every other card that takes up to 5 days...   ridiculous.

These are my cut dates.

cuts.jpg

Message 4 of 6
empiror22
Regular Contributor

yes, both USAA and Navy Fed are the same way.  I have done this a few times.  I ususally don't care if it reports, but it can be a surprise if your not ready for it or if you wanted a low UTI % .

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

You can see the list of statement cut dates online to get an idea of when to start using your card again.    I have mine paid by the 22nd (when I need utilization perfect) and use it again when I get the "your bill is ready" alerts.  I'm always safe on the 25th.

One nice thing about USAA. I pay the bill and It is instantly posted.  Not like every other card that takes up to 5 days...   ridiculous.

These are my cut dates.

cuts.jpg

Cap One posts my payments the same day, or the next, if its past a certain time of the day. Barclays does as well.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.