Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USCB Inc Collections

tag
mikie209
Regular Contributor

USCB Inc Collections

So I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and the only negative things i have on my report are my credit cards that i maxed out and am currently paying down. I pulled my experian credit report today to find 16 accounts in collections from USCB Inc totally $7000. All the dates are 8/1/12 on my report. What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: USCB Inc Collections

Message 2 of 18
mikie209
Regular Contributor

I am guessing they are a collection agency. I tried calling as soon as i saw them on my report but they were already closed. I dont have anything that ever went to collections which is the weird part. they are based out of california and It also says 8/1/12 for the date and I lived in Hawaii from 2010-2013

Message 3 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They appear to be a collection agency.  I did a search and they are now USCB America. 

You being in Hawaii and them in California doesn't really mean anything.  A creditor can use a CA anywhere.

I am sure you would know if you had $7000 worth of debt in collections.  I think I would contact them also.  Find out what they say it is for and more specifically, who it is for.

If it isn't yours, fill out an FTC Fraud Affidavit and file it with your local police department.  Send those to the CRAs and have them block the accounts.  Send them also to the OC and the CA and ask for all documentation on the accounts.

You can also send a DV letter but if they validate, which doesn't take much, they could turn around and sue you.

Message 4 of 18
mikie209
Regular Contributor

If I call them and they say it isnt mine, will they remove it from my credit report or will i still have to fill out a fraud affidavit?

Message 5 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they say it isn't yours they have to delete it or they face violations of the FCRA for knowingly reporting inaccurate information.

What concerns me is them saying it is yours.  If they insist it is, then send them a DV letter asking for validation.

You can call, find out what they say, then post back.  What they tell you will decide what to do next.

Message 6 of 18
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Why would they add 16 different accounts to my credit report and not 1 big one? They range from $188 to the highest of $1458. I will give them a call in the morning when I get home from work to see what is going on.

Message 7 of 18
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@mikie209 wrote:

Why would they add 16 different accounts to my credit report and not 1 big one? They range from $188 to the highest of $1458. I will give them a call in the morning when I get home from work to see what is going on.

Sounds like, it could be for medical bills.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 18
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Thats what I was thinking but I am in the military and have been in since 2008. I have never been to an outside doctor since joining.

Message 9 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The dunning notice requrirement of the FDCPA is there for the very reason of requiring a debt collector to provide basic information ragarding a debt so as to enable a consumer to identity the asserted debt or challlenge its legitimacy.  The moment they posted to your credit report, they triggered a 5 day period within which they must provide notice of the current creditor, as well as the amount of the asserted debt, and advisement of your DV rights.  They apparently have not send dunning notice?

If not, theyr are in violation of section 809(a).

If, upon receipt of dunning notice, if identification of the currrent credtitor is still insufficient to identify the debt to the satisfaction of the consumer, then part of the right to rquest debt validation is the right ot request the name of the original creditor.

You should not have to play a guessing game.  Make sure to include request for the name of the OC in your request for debt validation.

Until they respond, they must cease all active collection on the debt.

You might additionally choose to send a formal complaint to the CFPB for their violation of their timely collection (dunning) notice requirement.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.