Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UTI bump in the road.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UTI bump in the road.

Looks like I'll have a UTI bump in the road this next month thanks to moving expenses. Moved out of a $950 a month apartment to a $710 a month apartmentSmiley Very Happy. I've got $680 on my QS1 card right now ($800 limit), but it won't report until the 18th so that shouldn't be a problem. My Barclays (1k limit) has about $640 on it and I can pay $600 of that tommorrow - it reports on the 6th. Then on my QS card, I've got $1175 ($1500 limit) and it will report on the 9th. I'll only be able to pay a portion of that one, depending on how much of (and how quickly I get) my deposit I get back from my previous apartment rental. Best case scenario is I can pay about $700 of it. Worst case is it reports $1175Smiley Frustrated.

Once they report I'll see how bad it hits my scores. Hopefully I can get them back down by the end of June.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: UTI bump in the road.

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like I'll have a UTI bump in the road this next month thanks to moving expenses. Moved out of a $950 a month apartment to a $710 a month apartmentSmiley Very Happy. I've got $680 on my QS1 card right now ($800 limit), but it won't report until the 18th so that shouldn't be a problem. My Barclays (1k limit) has about $640 on it and I can pay $600 of that tommorrow - it reports on the 6th. Then on my QS card, I've got $1175 ($1500 limit) and it will report on the 9th. I'll only be able to pay a portion of that one, depending on how much of (and how quickly I get) my deposit I get back from my previous apartment rental. Best case scenario is I can pay about $700 of it. Worst case is it reports $1175Smiley Frustrated.

Once they report I'll see how bad it hits my scores. Hopefully I can get them back down by the end of June.

Best wishes for a smooth move!  I know that can be stressful.  

I hope you get the points back real soon!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The move is pretty much all done with - 90% of the unpacking is finished. Just got to get my desk back in order....

Saving $200+ a month on rent will be a big help.

Message 3 of 10
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The move is pretty much all done with - 90% of the unpacking is finished. Just got to get my desk back in order....

Saving $200+ a month on rent will be a big help.

Yeah, don't stress about it. It's just a month to month thing. I know how wrapped up in the scores we get, but life happens. And util is one the easiest scoring categories to deal with. Hope the move went smoothly!

Message 4 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

Glad you are able to reduce housing by $200+! That couple of grand a year can make a big difference! Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 10
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Heh, it happens to the best of us.  You and I are pretty good on this credit stuff.  One month, I intended my card with a then-$3000 limit to report $3, but I forgot to make a payment as intended, so I had one card report almost $600 (the CLI on that card is $1400), so I had one card reporting 1% and another reporting almost 45%.  I was like "grr, dummy."    Good thing FICO doesn't have a memory of the past because my scores went back up the next month, when I remembered to make the payments.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three CapOne cards, one with an original statement date of the 3rd of each month and the other two with original statement dates of the 11th of each month. I pay the rest of my bills between the 1st and 5th of each month, so decided in March to request that the statement date be moved up to the 3rd for the other 2 cards as well.

Well, the statement dates got moved up this month...and I forgot to move my automatic PIF up accordingly. Got dinged for 94% util on one of 'em and 87% util on the other, up from <10% since January. Got a flurry of alerts from myFICO, CK, USAA credit tracker thingy, and Experian.

Oops.

Lesson learned! I'm now back down to <10% util, so all is back to where it had been, but those approximately 7,246,951 emails and notifications I got from the trackers a couple weeks ago weren't fun!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Norman, on the move and the reduction in rent. The scores, of course, will go back up because you are well equiped to make that happen. Scores fluctuate no big deal, but saving money, now that's worth the ding.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Norman, on the move and the reduction in rent. The scores, of course, will go back up because you are well equiped to make that happen. Scores fluctuate no big deal, but saving money, now that's worth the ding.

Yup...definitely worth it! I got tired of 10% plus rent increases every single year. Started out at $740 in April of 2013, went to $825 in April of 2014, and was going to $910 in April of this year. Thats with another $50-$100 added for metered water/sewer/garbage!

Now I'm at $695 +$15 for W/S/G.... Happy camper! It sucked up my emergency fund, and hit my cards hard, but I think I can recover it all over the next two months. I got another $300 bill for a judgement the goes bye-bye next month too, and if I can refi the car, that will be another 100 bucks saved....

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Every little bit helps, good luck and enjoy your new place  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.