Did you mean: 

Ugh! SCT backfired.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ugh! SCT backfired.

"a membership"?

@Jerry45 wrote:

The key is to put a membership in your cart first, and if you score is high enough at EQ, you should get the popup

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I almost had that happen to me a few weeks ago with another store! I didn't realized I was signed in and skipped me ahead a few steps since it had CC info stored....Luckily the information was old so the order didn't go through.  I almost bought a mattress set!

This is something I'm unclear on - should I do an online profile with them and sign in? or do everything a guest?

Message 12 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

A sportsman's guid membership for $29.99, there is a button for it on the home page, and it will add it to your cart. Yes sign in as a guest, and once it gets your zip code and address it should pop up, if your cr is in the 700 range

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BE VERY CAREFUL my fellow MyFico members. As of 03/20/15 Comenity Bank does HARD PULLS on ALL Visa and MasterCard products. I confirmed this by calling the EXECUTIVE OFFICE/Customer Relations EVEN for SCT. I got a hardpull for the Camping World/Sam Good and ANOTHER hardpull for the SPORTMANS 2 days ago. 

Message 14 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

You must have cold apped to get a HP at Sportsman's. When I applied in November of 2014, it was a Soft Pull thru EQ. If you get the Popup, it only asks for last 4 digits of SSN.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

A sportsman's guid membership for $29.99, there is a button for it on the home page, and it will add it to your cart. Yes sign in as a guest, and once it gets your zip code and address it should pop up, if your cr is in the 700 range

OK, I got ya now. I got an email wanting me to buy a membership and get a retroactive discount  for $12.99 and a $20 credit for my next purchase.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me I did the SCT. I got the pop up and entered last 4 of my social and DOB and some other info. I did not cold app. It is hard pulls now for ALL Visa/Mastercard produtcs. I verified 2x with there Executive Office and Customer Relations. 

Message 17 of 20
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Trust me I did the SCT. I got the pop up and entered last 4 of my social and DOB and some other info. I did not cold app. It is hard pulls now for ALL Visa/Mastercard produtcs. I verified 2x with there Executive Office and Customer Relations. 

Can we get some other people to comment?  I wonder if this is a "one off" or if this is the policy moving forward?  Why would Comenity care if it is a HP or SP?  They get the same data either way.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the total rewards visa pop up from comenity.  I took that one and there was an HP from equifax last month.  I searched that afterwards and apparently it was pretty common.  I also got the pop up for sportmans but didn't take it.  I have seen mixed responses regarding the HP.  Some got it, some didn't.  I have gotten 2 letters this week offering me a pre-approved sg visa.  I haven't done anything with it yet.  I will call them tomorrow and ask.

Message 19 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Wow! Guess I was lucky. Thanks for the Info

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.