cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh... lawsuit judgment woes... Will there be any way to recover from this one?

tag
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Ugh... lawsuit judgment woes... Will there be any way to recover from this one?

A while back I posted about a judgment on an old HSBC credit card that I felt I was improperly served on, I got some good advice about challenging the proof of service etc. although I never got around to it.

Long story short, they had my signature on some document agreeing that they served me, definitely falsified but not worth it to challenge... not when the sheriffs office had already served my employer with an order to garnish my wages. Only way I could get them to stop that was to call the Attorney/Collection agency that was representing HSBC and pay the debt in full on the spot ($3600)...

So now I think I'll be stuck with the judgment and the derog account from HSBC on my reports for years to come.

Don't suppose anyone has ever GW'd a court? heh

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: Ugh... lawsuit judgment woes... Will there be any way to recover from this one?

Consider yourself recovered....now begins the future.  Just focus on maintaining a good recent and future history and the judgment will become less and less of an issue let alone make a big impact on your fico score.  I know because I am living it!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.