cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh, parking tickets. Help with Alliance One.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, parking tickets. Help with Alliance One.

A couple of parking tickets I received about 4 years ago were sent to Alliance One for collections.  Unfortunately, I paid the collections before knowing about the PFD process.  I have faxed and emailed Alliance One for a goodwill removal and have not even heard a 'no' in response.  Radio silence.  These collections don't drop off until 2013 and they are the only derogatory mark on my credit report.  I would love to have them removed.    

Has anyone had luck GWing Alliance One?   If so, do you have any names/addresses/phone numbers/emails that have worked? 

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ugh, parking tickets. Help with Alliance One.

@Anonymous wrote:

A couple of parking tickets I received about 4 years ago were sent to Alliance One for collections.  Unfortunately, I paid the collections before knowing about the PFD process.  I have faxed and emailed Alliance One for a goodwill removal and have not even heard a 'no' in response.  Radio silence.  These collections don't drop off until 2013 and they are the only derogatory mark on my credit report.  I would love to have them removed.    

Has anyone had luck GWing Alliance One?   If so, do you have any names/addresses/phone numbers/emails that have worked? 

Thanks for the help!

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I did a search here onsite and found these old threads. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage discussing Allinace One. 

Perhaps you can find some useful information there.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response marinevietvet.

I looked through the history of Alliance One prior to posting and it seems that, from most accounts, they are particularly difficult to deal with.  I have been sending GW letters to various addresses and fax numbers for about six months and haven't received a single response.  Zip, nada, nothing...not even a letter stating that they must report collections accurately.  I would give up but these are the only derogatory marks on my credit report and I want them gone.  Hopefully someone else has had better luck than me.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Every party who reports to a CRA enters in standard reporting agreement with the CRA, of which one term is that previously accurate reporting should not be deleted at a later date due to payment of the associated debt.  So any party, be they an OC or a CA, is fully justified in never granting a GW request for deltion based on payment.

Some will staunchly adhere to those guidelines, while others will grant exceptions.  They could just put your GW letter in the trash can, with no response, should they choose to do so.

I see more incentive for an OC to grant a GW than for a CA.  You can offer an OC the prospect of future business with them.  It is hard to offer, as an incentive to a CA, the promise of no future business with them.  Different mindsets.

All you can do is to continue to GW, and maybe beef up your letter with a gentle pull at their heartstrings. Some catch in your GW request that they might find compelling.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information, Robert.  I did try to contact the original creditor but, as you might expect, they said they could not do anything about the reporting to the credit bureaus.  Reworking the GW letter is a good idea and I will do that and keep at the GW process. But I am still hoping to hear from somone who had better luck dealing with Alliance One.  If nothing else, to illustrate that this is not a lost cause.  

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ugh, parking tickets. Help with Alliance One.,

Finally. Success.  Alliance one removed the old collections from my credit reports.

Message 6 of 9
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Awesome, congrats! It looks like it took a few months, but persistence definitely pays off with GW letters. Does it look like the deletion was the result of your GW letters? How many rounds did you send?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two or three rounds via fax and one or two via snail mail to the VP in the local office.  Not sure what hit because I barraged Alliance One from all angles at the same time.  I was left a message in December by a person in the Alliance One office, but I was never able to get in touch with a human when I called back.  Anyway, at the time I assumed they were removing the collection but I haven't had an opportunity to pull a credit report to verify until now.  I bet my wishes for 'happy holidays' tipped the balance in my favor.  Smiley Happy  Happy to report that my credit scores are back in the 700s. 

*edited for grammar   

Message 8 of 9
ssghandless
Contributor

Could you tell me what numbers you called to get it removed please? I am dying trying to get them to do anything...

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.