Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Um...

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Um...

My LEGAL name is Timothy, not Tim, my DOB is 1992, not "1990" or "0", how do I go about correcting this?

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Um...

I would first pull my free credit report from annualcreditreport.com, and verify from the bureau what is curently on file.

Commerical credit reports and monitory reports are secondary, and may not accurately reflect the current CRA file record.

if inaccurate, send the CRA a request for correction, accompanied by proof of your identity.

Correct personal idetifiers can be important in assuring that any reporting is matched with your file, and that reporting relating to others is not mismatched to your file.

Full name and DOB can be secondary matching criteria that could come into play should a furnisher omit a more unique identifier, such as SSN, or makes a clerical keying error in their reporting.

Message 2 of 3
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Um...

CBs also track aliases. Tim is not that far off from Timothy.

If the personal information is that far off, though, annualcreditreport.com might not work for you.

I corrected some personal information over the phone, so you may be able to do the same.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.