Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umn what to do?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Umn what to do?

You recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported on your credit report.

Your most recent late payment happened3 Months ago

Most FICO High Achievers [?], about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, your last missed payment happened recently.

What to do about this: If the late payment on your credit report is valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history so that your last missed payment will have less of an impact on your score as time passes.

I am pretty sure this is MCM .....  what in the world am i supposed to do? 

Ive disputed with my AG.... ive Submitted BBB complaint and i have disputed the "lates" ...

Every time i try to dispute, or when i submitted my BBB complaint, they update it as 120 ...... This is ONLY on EQ.... i havent had a late in 2+ years according to TU 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Umn what to do?

Could it be this?

u of p debt.png

This has been paid.... over a month ago and they have yet to update.... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's likely MCM. It's not UofP because they haven't updated since Oct.

Message 3 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

So this is pissing me off.....

u of p debt.png

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

With the zillions of posts, I dare not try to remember everyone's situation.

When did you pay MCM?

How many GWs have you mailed?

Message 5 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I paid them late 2010, but i have sent them probably 50+ GW's...., for a good month there, i sent them a GW email every day and i have sent them snail mail and fax's .. about 10 of each .... 

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@BadCredBen wrote:

I paid them late 2010, but i have sent them probably 50+ GW's...., for a good month there, i sent them a GW email every day and i have sent them snail mail and fax's .. about 10 of each .... 

You haven't sent enough. Smiley Very Happy

Call them too.

Aside from GWing, you can also craft your own letter challenging the lates. Per FICO, the lates don't matter. It's still a CA nonetheless and a paid CA is just as bad as an unpaid one. In terms of a manual review, it's still a CA. But I personally would draft a letter and get picky on lates reporting after they reported them post-payment. I would pull your CR from different sources, especially from the cRAs, and forward a copy to MCM saying in a more thorough way: "hey, listen guys, You've added lates after my payment and you are breaking the FCRA. Delete please." I'd also cite the law.

Message 7 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I was told that their policy is to not delete unless it is 4+ years from DOFD by one of the TWO people who deal with goodwills....

Message 8 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@BadCredBen wrote:

You haven't sent enough. Smiley Very Happy

Call them too.

Aside from GWing, you can also craft your own letter challenging the lates. Per FICO, the lates don't matter. It's still a CA nonetheless and a paid CA is just as bad as an unpaid one. In terms of a manual review, it's still a CA. But I personally would draft a letter and get picky on lates reporting after they reported them post-payment. I would pull your CR from different sources, especially from the cRAs, and forward a copy to MCM saying in a more thorough way: "hey, listen guys, You've added lates after my payment and you are breaking the FCRA. Delete please." I'd also cite the law.

do you by chance have these available?

Im having troubles drafting a letter since i dont know much about using law.... 

Also, would it be fair to use the fact that my states AG is currently suing them for their practices for debt collecting? 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.