Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Inquiry HSN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unauthorized Inquiry HSN

Just got an alert on MYFico showing that HSN pulled my credit report on yesterday. Why? I have no idea bc I did not request anything from them nor have I logged into the account since I paid the account off. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unauthorized Inquiry HSN

Never happened to me but I'd dispute this immediately.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got an alert on MYFico showing that HSN pulled my credit report on yesterday. Why? I have no idea bc I did not request anything from them nor have I logged into the account since I paid the account off. Has this happened to anyone else?

HSN = Home Shopping Network?

Hard or soft pull?

Is the account actually closed or just paid to $0 and "sitting there"....?

Is it listed as closed on your reports?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The accoubt is open but has a zero balance.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called them and the lady said her manager told her that they SP my report recently but I've never got an alert for a SP. Going to pull my credit report today. I said well since you SP my report did you give you increase she said no 😂
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The accoubt is open but has a zero balance.

If the account is still open, then they do have permissible purpose.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I didn't request anything?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone you are doing business with can SP at anytime. HP usually require permission. SP will not affect your score.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a SP. They can do this if you have an acct. or not. Two years ago, out of the blue, I had an HSN acct. and I never applied for one or responded to any mail. I didn't use it and they kept increasing the CL! Had never had this happen before. I made a miniscule charge this year just to keep it open in case they ever do have anything I need\want.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that info
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.