cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable Credit Rating Change in 3 Days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unbelievable Credit Rating Change in 3 Days?

I established credit 5 years ago with a small installment loan, then added one dept. store card and in the last two years two regular credit cards.

A pretty thin history and it has been a struggle to get my score up. 

3 years ago my rating was 585.  Then it gradually moved into the 600's.  Signed up for quarterly service on here and pulled my FICO TU score three days ago: 654.

Not very good but maybe one of the accounts I paid down hadn't hit the agency yet (I know one did because Discover Card changed my rating from fair to good and said the main reason was elimination of high utilization rate).

So today I applied for a loan and was shocked when the finance officer told me that I had a superb rating.   Beacon FICO of 797.   I know there are differences between ratings but isn't this a little exaggerated?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unbelievable Credit Rating Change in 3 Days?

Yeah I know what your saying. I was told a few days ago that my EX score was a 668 from my credit union, when I applied for a loan. Went to my dealer to Apply and was told I was a 700. Not near as yours, but still felt good. Nice score you have congrats!

Message 2 of 3
memee1978
New Contributor

Re: Unbelievable Credit Rating Change in 3 Days?

Does signing up for quarterly reporting boost everyone fico scores?

hr>Starting Score: 623eq
Current Score 660TU
Goal Score:730> 660EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.