Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undecided

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Undecided

I am completely lost at this point...unsure of what to do. In 2014, I was paying unreasonable rent. I decided to move on my family's land when I got this idea to get a prefab cabin. I pay $500 a month on $12,000 with only 45% goes towards the purchase. Moreover, I have been working on the inside bit by bit with materials and labor that I have run my credit utilization up to 80%! I work three jobs and drive a beat up pick up. Don't laugh no payment : )

So fast forwarding, I need to do something drastic in order have this project finished by the winter so I may begin living tiny. My mind says try for a loan to pay off the cabin, credit cards, labor, and materials. Who will finance me?

I filed bankruptcy in 2014. Since then, Navy Federal credit card $1000, capital one $2500, finger hut $750, Walmart 500. Credit scores are Transunion 609, Experian 642, Equifax 626 with three jobs. 

Should i I just keep doing everything out of my pocket or pay everything down and go for the loan? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Undecided

My question would be why is it required that you finish before winter?

Is it truly a must, or only a desire?

Message 2 of 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I am not sure what the right answer is for your situation, but I am impressed that you work 3 jobs and still have the time to do work on the cabin. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It needs the necessities such as water, heat and sewage to at least be livable. 

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The possibilty of using a Credit Union might be something you can look in to.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.