Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Collection on your Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understanding Collection on your Credit Report

Hi,

I pulled my credit report and saw I have three collection items and had a question.  I have paid these and the balance shows 0.

My question is:  I see a "Assigned" Date of 8/2007 and then "Date of 1st Delinquency" of 12/2006.

I was told collections roll off your credit report after 7 or 10 years.  Which date do they use ?  Would they use the 2006 date or 2007 for my collection.

And I read somewhere that as year passes by, the collections on the credit report hold less value on the credit score.  Is that true?  In my case above, which date would they count against.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Understanding Collection on your Credit Report

These are pretty recent...collections fall off 7-7.5 years from DOFD...so they will fall off sometime within 2013....send them a GW begging for removal...what are the collections???...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been writing them GW letters and no luck.  It's 3 collections from Central Financial Control for $75.00 for medical bill. I was dealing with alot of medical issues for my son and just forgot to pay because it was a tough time for my family. 

Aside from GW letters,is there anything else that I can do.  Has anyone had any luck with CFC in getting the collections removed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing is...I myself have 2 medical bills with CFC...I sent them a DV on April 20th...I got a letter back saying they were investigating...and would cease all collection activity while under investigation...I then figured they would be a good CA to work with...20 days later...they reported to the CRA...definitely under violation...I have not received any kind of validation from them...and I just sent my 2nd DV out today...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.