Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Fico Scoring vs. CB Scoring

tag
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Understanding Fico Scoring vs. CB Scoring

Ok some activity over the labor day weekend have a car loan and a new revolving credit i got.. The new revolving account i open is barclays rewards card for a $1300 cl my highest limit. I have subscribe for all 3 cb month reports and my fico eq sw alert and tu quarterly monitoring i will be getting rid of alot of them soon and keep 1 or 2.

Ok my question the cb scoring since i open the new account i only lost 5-8 points on each cb. But for my fico i gain 18 pts i receive the sw email today and i login and my alert just said new account open and score is up to 646 from 628. Why didnt i lose points for the new account?

My utilization on the two of my cards was at 2% 15/900  1 card reporting a balance for $5 and the other $10 only thing i can guess i read on the forum that my fico likes to see cards with $0 balance when the barclay reported was a $0 so now im at 15/2200 .007 utilization but 18 pts is alot ill take it.

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Understanding Fico Scoring vs. CB Scoring

I don't know what's reporting on your EQ, but it could easily have been improved mix of credit or an added $0 balance, 

Message 2 of 3
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Re: Understanding Fico Scoring vs. CB Scoring

on my eq from the cb i lost 7 pts eq on my fico i gain 18pts completely different scoring

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.