Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Scorewatch

tag
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

Understanding Scorewatch

On May 16,2013 I joined SW and was given a score of 561.  I have been working at cleaning up my CR but hadn't gotten a SW alert at all and my score on there had not changed. I had my alert notice set to 561 so I would get a notice of any change. Things have been coming off and I was frustrated that I wasn't seeing an increase. I had an increase on CK and on credit sesame so I thought even though those are FAKO EQ has to have something. So I pulled it to get an extra report and bam my score is 583.  why wasn't SW sending me alerts that my score had increasd?  Is SW really worth it if I have to pay to have it updated it kind of doesn't seem like it.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Understanding Scorewatch

I had the sane problem. I set my goal score to 1 point above the actual score and now it alerts me.
Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@cookiebird wrote:

On May 16,2013 I joined SW and was given a score of 561.  I have been working at cleaning up my CR but hadn't gotten a SW alert at all and my score on there had not changed. I had my alert notice set to 561 so I would get a notice of any change. Things have been coming off and I was frustrated that I wasn't seeing an increase. I had an increase on CK and on credit sesame so I thought even though those are FAKO EQ has to have something. So I pulled it to get an extra report and bam my score is 583.  why wasn't SW sending me alerts that my score had increasd?  Is SW really worth it if I have to pay to have it updated it kind of doesn't seem like it.

Score watch will not alert you if a collection or a derogatory is falling off. Only if it results in some type of point increase. I know right now Equifax is running behind on a lot of things. Score Watch is tied into EQ so its EQ that is dopping the ball and not myFICO.

Community Leader, 

DaBears!!!

Message 3 of 6
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I know that I will only get the alerts if the removal results in a point increase. I had started to get a little disheartened because I had so much stuff removed and no increase. To try and make myself feel better i decided to go ahead and pull the "extra" report so I could at least see one cleaned up a little. That is when I saw there was a 22 point increase. Is it not alerting me because they are behind?  They removed the stuff and it apparently resulted in an increase I just never got the SW update.

Message 4 of 6
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I changed my setting to be one point above my current score, maybe this will help.

Message 5 of 6
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I had talked to one rep in myFico and she mentioned SW alerts every 7-10 days if there is a change in score. I had set up alert of 1 point increase from my current score and get an alert every week if my score changes. By the way, EQUIFAX doesn't update the score or report as fast as the other 2 bureaus does.

CK or CS don't use EQUIFAX btw.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.