Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding my baddies

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Understanding my baddies

So I'm trying to understand which are considered "baddies" on my current report-  I see flags on most of TL, assuming that these are the actual "baddies"?  I'm just trying to understand better with the remarks- such as "Payment after charge off/collection"  vs  "120 days past due"  vs  "charged off as bad debt"  & their weight on my credit score.   I've been working really hard for the past 6 months & I've finally got my last TL deleted from Collections,  and I've tried the GW letter to N Carolina Education Assistance for deletion, but recently got denied.  Waiting on College Foundation for reply.  Anyways,  with my picture provided below,  I'm assuming that I have 24 baddies?  Since GW letter didn't work,  am I stuck w/ these baddies until 2016 (my TU report says they should be gone in 2016)?  Should I write them GW letters again?  I'm just puzzled, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Understanding my baddies

Anything that has a late payment is adverse.  A CO or collection and 90+ days lates are all major derogatories and have pretty much the same impact on your score.  They will hurt you for nearly the entire 7 years.

Paid COs or collections are also adverse and hurt as much as an unpaid one.

Message 2 of 6
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the explanation.  Basically I'm stuck w/ 24 baddies until 2016, so I guess i'll be in the garden until then! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they are paid send out good will letters.

If they are not paid and you can afford to pay a collection, ask for a pay for delete.

Message 4 of 6
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

From what you see, 23 out of 24 are from student loan which went into default.  I've rehabbed & currently back on normal pay status...which means that they are being paid?  I've sent GW letters but denied from NC Educational Assist & waiting from College Foundation...i'll update when i get something back from them.

Message 5 of 6
FatBank
New Contributor

Hang in there. I've been in the same boat with defaulted loans from Sallie Mae later transferred to USA Funds... so I have 16 negatives. They have since been consolidated with a 3 year perfect payment history, so just waiting on them to drop 11/2013. If I would have found this forum sooner I would have done the GW thing, I’d keep trying with the time you have left. Good luck.

Starting Score: Fico TU 571 (11/21/12)
Current Score: Fico EX 719 (04/23/14) Fico EQ 681 (04/18/14) Fico TU 713 (03/31/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.