Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undispute medical collections for fha?

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Undispute medical collections for fha?

Will i be required to take my dispute messages off my credit report? They have been there over a year. Not from original hospial, but money recovery nationwide. 

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Undispute medical collections for fha?

Usually, yes.

While a dispute is still pending, certain information is removed from your scoring, and they want to see your accurate current score.

If the dispute was filed a year ago, there should be NO reason for the dispute to continue to show as pending.

Even in the most extreme case, the maximum period in which a CRA must conclude its reinvestigatin of a dispute is 45 days from filing, and they must conclude their disptue by mailing of their formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation no later than 5 business days after conclusion of their reinvestigation period.

Two months max.  It is not legally possible to have an unconcluded dispute for one year.

If your CR is still showing a pending dispute with no update to show concluded, then I would make informal contact with the CRA over their clear failure to have updated the pending dispute status.

I would not file a dispute over their lack of update.  You dont want the catch-22 of filing a new dispute, imposing a new pending dispute flag.

Treat it as a complaint over their clear lack of administrative update of your file.

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would use the HIPAA Process to take care of that collection, you can Google search it and contact its creator it cannot be discussed on this board.

Message 3 of 6
lesse
Frequent Contributor

if im correct you dont mean its currently in dispute status but you disputed in the past and you now have a note that says it was previously disputed

my LO told me that may be a condition but its best to just be proactive about it and remove it right away or you can wait- they dont always make it necessary but usually yes. I simply called the bureaus and went through the ones i disputed and asked them to remove comment and it was gone within a day or two - i may or may not have lost a point or two as there was other things going on so i cant contribute my 3 point loss to that exact fix Smiley Happy 

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

were your collections medical?
Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 5 of 6
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

i have not obtained my actual reports from the 3 agencies, but i signed up for creditscore.com and freecreditscore.com. creditkarma says i have a thin file. and mifico cant get my score bc equifax doesnt have a birth year listed for me. Have to fax info. but each monitoring site i visits shows a dispute message? Even on the 2 reports that show a "closed" status.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.