cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique National Collections - ARGHHHHHH!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unique National Collections - ARGHHHHHH!!!!

Hi everyone! 

After reading madly through all these boards, I decided to try and fix my abysmal credit reports which - shockingly!!! - were littered with incorrect information.   Yesterday, I got word that I had 12 bad items deleted from TU and 6 from Experian.  On each report, there were two accounts from Unique National Collections, and both were deleted.  The JOY!!

Until today.  They are back on, and show as being verified.  What happened?  I was just mailed upated credit reports - with UNC deleted - and today, they are back on.  GAH!!!!

Some background - I got these deleted through a simple dispute with the CRAs.  I sent out DV letters this morning.  Smiley Happy  Any advice?  

And - THANK YOU, all of you.  This forum is amazing.  My original plan was to pay off all my collection accounts at a settled rate.  I came to this forum, found out I could bump up my scores more quickly by paying my credit card balances down, and also got a clue about verifying the accuracy of my credit reports, which were horribly, horribly inaccurate.   My scores keep bumping up and down right now, and all are in the mid 400 - high 500 range, but I know that with time, patience and perserverance, they will get where I want them to be. Smiley Happy  You guys are AWESOME!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unique National Collections - ARGHHHHHH!!!!

It would help if you could provide us with a little background info on the collection.

Is it yours?

Is it reporting inaccurate?

Is it past CRTP?

Is the OC reporting?

Is it past SOL?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, Sidewinder, and I apologize for leaving all that important stuff out!

In answer to your questions:

Is it yours?

Yes, it is mine.

Is it reporting inaccurate?

No, the reporting is not accurate.  It lists the dates as August 2004 and August 2006.  This account, however, is from 1992.  

Is it past CRTP?

Oh, yes!

Is the OC reporting?

No, the OC is the local public library from the area where I went to college.  

Is it past SOL?

Yes - the SOL is six years in Washington state, and it's wayyyy past that.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, if you have a copy of your updated reports that shows this account was deleted, if it was re-inserted, the CRA must notify you within 5 days of the re-insertion.

Also, is this on all 3 reports or just 1?

After the 5 days is up(maybe one or two extra for mailing time), send the CRA a letter CMRRR stating that they must notify you of re-insertion under FCRA and did not. Remove account.

I would also send an ITS letter to the CA stating that this account is being illegaly re-aged as it well past the 7 year CRTP and that they are in violation of FCRA by reporting an incorrect FCRA Complaince Date. They have X days to remove account or you will file suit in your local courts. ONLY SEND IF YOU ARE WILLING TO FILE!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.