cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique medical bill question

tag
reissue

Unique medical bill question

I have a collection that I am not sure how to approach.  In late 2007, I acquired a few medical bills, all of which my insurer should have covered.  However, there was apparently a bill for $1,400 that was most likely not covered (perhaps mistakenly?) and has since gone to collections.  I would like to remove this item from my credit report but I don't know if I should contact the CA or the OC, or the insurer to see why it wasn't paid.  I'm guessing this is a common problem.  Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Unique medical bill question

Yes, very common problem.  I would start with the insurer and find out why it wasn't inlcuded.  It may be too late for them to pay it but you can ask.

If the insurer can't do anything you are pretty much stuck with the bill.

If you can pay the entire amount I would send the CA a DV letter and if they validate ask them for a pay for delete.  You could possibly get them to accept a lesser amount for a deletion.

Message 2 of 3
reissue

Re: Unique medical bill question

Thank you so much for the advice.  I will see what I can do Monday morning.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.