Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Auto Credit - Pif

tag
SoDenied
New Contributor

United Auto Credit - Pif

I just got off the phone with Uunited Auto Credit and told them I should not be responsible 100% for a loan that I was just the co-signer on.
They said the agree and if I settle the account (8k) for 3.5k they will word the credit report as paid in full
and remove the late payments and the word reposession so the account will look like it was just paid in full

possible? He said he's putting it in writing and since they own the loan and that it was not sold, they can do whatever they want to my credit report and that they do this everyday

I Will upload the screenshot as soon as he emails the settlement letter

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: United Auto Credit - Pif

@SoDenied wrote:
I just got off the phone with Uunited Auto Credit and told them I should not be responsible 100% for a loan that I was just the co-signer on.
They said the agree and if I settle the account (8k) for 3.5k they will word the credit report as paid in full
and remove the late payments and the word reposession so the account will look like it was just paid in full

possible? He said he's putting it in writing and since they own the loan and that it was not sold, they can do whatever they want to my credit report and that they do this everyday

I Will upload the screenshot as soon as he emails the settlement letter

I would not accept anything via email.  Before I would commit to such a letter via USPS would be what's required for me to accept their offer.  I would hate for you to go through these measures and United Auto not hold up their end of the bargain.

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: United Auto Credit - Pif

Yes it is entirely possible. 

I would ask they also provide a written agreement.  I know emails can be traced etc but I would feel safer with a hard copy on their letterhead.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.