Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Recovery bites the dust for no current license

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Universal Recovery bites the dust for no current license

Anyone have back door number for the Ex EQ and TU? side note.... i thought that threaten to sue letters didnt work?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@virgo wrote:

gdale is right.

And when you notify the CB's don't let them stonewall you by telling you that it will take 30 days to remove.  That is an internal number that the CB's decided on amongst themselves. It is not law.  It takes a matter of minutes to be removed. Tell them you are not going to wait 30 days and the person you're speaking to, their name will be on the summons.

These CA's are the CB's bread and butter, they pay to report to the CB's so they are going defend them to the death.

They can plead ignorance all they want, but once you put them on notice that these CA's are not licensed per law, and they continue to allow them to report, they are culpable of propagating illegal activity.

We dont get alot of tread when we claim these CA's are violating our rights, but once you start screaming that they are violating the states rights (no license) they can and will be in a whole lot of hurt.

The CA in my case only violated city jurisdiction.  In your case, it is your state. Go get'em. 

And remember, CB's are just businesses operated by everyday people.  They have no more authority or protection then anybody else.   

Just checked.  It is already off my report.  No bump up. See how damaging this is. You can lose 80 pts in a heartbeat, but it takes forever to get it back.  That is their leverage.

timeline:  spoke with TU guy yesterday and it is off my report as of today.

If you're looking at scores here, the lack of change may simply be because some changes simply do not trigger a recalc of your score. Many people have noted that removal of derogs alone does not seem to trigger a recalc, but things like balance changes do. This seems to explain odd changes such as getting alerts for UTI% going up, but seeing a scores go in the opposite direction that one would expect.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have back door number for the Ex EQ and TU? side note.... i thought that threaten to sue letters didnt work?

They don't work if they believe you are bluffing or they think your case has no merit. Never send an ITS if you do not intend to follow through if needed, or if your charges are without merit.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response..... And i would def have every intention on sueing, i just dont know for what lol. One of the accounts is valid, but the collection agency has no licensure, the other 2 accounts, are bogus accounts.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this is an older topic but I thought I would pass this along.... Collection agencies, collectors and debt buyers do not need to be licensed in PA.
Message 15 of 17
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

@virgo wrote:

Can we hear an Amen!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

For those who don't know the story. Universal Recovery placed a bogus item on my TU. I called, wrote threatened, to no avail.  Then I called the city where they do business and found out they do not have a current business license. ie; no license, you can't do business and whatever that entails. How hard is that to follow?

Called a higher up at TU (pm me for his info) and he tried to tell me how wrong I was but that he would check into it.  Literally, 5 minutes later, he calls and says he removed the account and is sending me a letter. 

That sucker cost me 80 points!  But as bad as it looked on my credit report, it was tantamount to extortion. I don't pay extortion. Period. 

So pony up people and storm the citadel!  O'kay, maybe too much. You know what I mean. 

Aw man, that's just straight-up awesome!!!

I hope Fico gives you those points back. Funny how fast they take 'em but are always slow to give them back, even after something is removed.

Congrats, tho!

Message 16 of 17
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

It'd be nice if you could sue the CA for costing you points.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.