Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Payment Status - Student Loans

tag
camera_jen
New Contributor

Unknown Payment Status - Student Loans

I'm trying to figure out if a couple of things might be messing with my score.

I have two loans that were for $6400 and $2600.  I consolidated those in 2007.  Both were Sallie Mae.  The $2600 loan is reflecting as paid in full.  The one for $6400 is showing that the account was transferred to another office, that office being Navient and it is current.  The original balance is reflecting $6400 but has a total balance due of $11,000.  However, that was because of the consolidation, not interest and fees (some interest while the loan was in forebearance, but not $4000 worth).  Also, when Sallie Mae transferred it to Navient the payment status of Unknown is showing up on my credit report.  It was in forebearance when it was transferred and I'm paying on it with Navient now.  

Are any of these things messing with my score?  I'm getting ready to dispute a few things on my credit report anyway so it would be a good time to address it.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unknown Payment Status - Student Loans

@camera_jen wrote:

I'm trying to figure out if a couple of things might be messing with my score.

I have two loans that were for $6400 and $2600.  I consolidated those in 2007.  Both were Sallie Mae.  The $2600 loan is reflecting as paid in full.  The one for $6400 is showing that the account was transferred to another office, that office being Navient and it is current.  The original balance is reflecting $6400 but has a total balance due of $11,000.  However, that was because of the consolidation, not interest and fees (some interest while the loan was in forebearance, but not $4000 worth).  Also, when Sallie Mae transferred it to Navient the payment status of Unknown is showing up on my credit report.  It was in forebearance when it was transferred and I'm paying on it with Navient now.  

Are any of these things messing with my score?  I'm getting ready to dispute a few things on my credit report anyway so it would be a good time to address it.

As long as there is no derog reported on them then they are fine.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.