Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown credit card with BoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unknown credit card with BoA

I seem to have two credit cards with BoA on my EX and EQ reports but can't seem to find any info on it from BoA. The card appears to have been opened along with my active BoA card (about 10 years ago) and seems to have last reported in 06. It has also never been used. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Not sure what the best course of action is (if it is an error, I would take a hit on AAoA on EX and EQ).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unknown credit card with BoA

As long as its not reporting any negatives I'd just ignore it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as its not reporting any negatives I'd just ignore it.

Nope, no negatives reported.

I'm wondering if it's greedy to try and have it reported on my TU report as well Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummm...I don't think I'd push my luck.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have spoken with BOA and they have no record of the account, and it is identified as having been reported by them. I would ask them to report its deletion.

I would never want an account in my report that I did not authroize.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I spoke to someone at BoA. I was told that when they looked up the unknown card number it redirected to my current card.

It seems that my previous account may have been closed in the 2006 mergers but the closure was only reported to TU. So both accounts, dated back to 2004 still report to EX and EQ while TU only has the new account. I guess I'll keep it; helps with my AAoA on 2/3 of the CRAs Smiley Indifferent

Thanks guys. Freaked out for a moment lol.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.