Senior Contributor
smallfry

Unpaid Medical Collections EQ DOFD

They can keep these on the reports for 7 years and 180 days correct?
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Unpaid Medical Collections EQ DOFD

Nope, up to seven years from DOFD, which with med collections is seven years from the DOS (date of service).
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Really? Then a few of these should not be reporting anymore. I don't want to screw this up right out of the box. There is no intention of paying these because the person receiving these services was eligible for charity care and the hospital made an absolute mess of the paperwork for a couple of years. At any rate that is off topic.
If you have no intention of paying these what is the first step? It seems a lot of these letters are geared for paying the OC and ultimately going for PFD's.
In addition these are a few duplicate tradelines. Same amounts even a few with the exact same dates of DOFD or Date Opened depending upon the credit bureau.
I am sure an online dispute will only serve to get these verified so that's a no go. I'm lost.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

the HIPAA letter process requires you to PIF
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+