Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid collection

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

Unpaid collection

Hi everyone... 

I have an unpaid collection that is being reported on only 1 credit agency. I'm afraid if I contact and try to pay they will resend to all 3. Is that possible? Or some places just report to 1 and not the others? thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Unpaid collection

@Rein wrote:

Hi everyone... 

I have an unpaid collection that is being reported on only 1 credit agency. I'm afraid if I contact and try to pay they will resend to all 3. Is that possible? Or some places just report to 1 and not the others? thank you!

I doubt if you make any activity that they will all of a sudden decide to report to all three agencys

Message 2 of 6
Rein
Regular Contributor

Thx. I hope they won't start reporting because I want to get it paid. I'm just being super paranoid. I cleaned up what's on equifax then I pulled up transunion, all new collections  are on there. It just seems like this will never end! Good credit seems farther and farther away. 

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They most likely have a reporting agreement with only the one CRA.

Regardless, reporting to a CRA is primarily a way to put additional collection pressure on the consumer.

If you are willing to pay, then offering them payment in exchange for a "pay for not reporting" agreement might be accepted.

Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@Rein wrote:

Hi everyone... 

I doubt if you make any activity that they will all of a sudden decide to report to all three agencys

I disagree with this statement. I will use a personal example. I had a debt reporting on just TU -- I contacted them and paid the debt, hoping to GW it later...

They reported the settlement to all three agencies... just because they may have only had a contract with, for example, TU in 2007 doesn't mean they don't have all three now. By paying it, it triggered their electronic system to show it was paid, and it reported on all three.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
CarlyK82
New Contributor

I just recently dealt with this. I had disputed an account that I was only an AU on. It is not my account, never has been, so I disputed via the CRAs first. It was only reporting on TU & EQ. However, during the dispute investigation, I got an alert from USAA and low & behold, the account was now reporting on EX.

I don't think that this is typical, but I think it is one of the YMMV type of deals depending on the CA.

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.