Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid medical bill Pay for delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unpaid medical bill Pay for delete

what was the original date of service? Was it something through a hospital vs dr office?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was through a hospital.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

& original date of service was like August of last year.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

& original date of service was like August of last year.

Something that recent, call the hospital billing office and ask them to pull it back from billing so you can pay them directly. Tell them you want to use your works flex spending plan to pay it but you have to pay the provider, not a collector.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That actually sounds like a great idea!  I will look into that.  You don't think they'll read too much into that claim.  I don't have a flex spending account (I'm a college student) so I wouldn't be too fluent if they were to even ask me the simplest of questions.  Should I try through the collection agency as previously suggested or just go straight to the source?  Is it just easier to have it expunged that way rather than through the collection agency?  What could my reasoning be for the lapse in payment and all?  Lol

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly go to the source first. they still have records. just tell them you're in college and doing all you can to survive. your parents both died this year in a tragic accident and you're all alone... lol. fluff it up.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of flex spending plans require you to submit the reciept from the provider for re-imbursement.. They will not accept a reciept from a collector.

Message 17 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
honestly go to the source first. they still have records. just tell them you're in college and doing all you can to survive. your parents both died this year in a tragic accident and you're all alone... lol. fluff it up.

I see nothing posted about OPs parents both dying. I would not be encouraging the OP to make up such lies, the truth is much better.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the advice!  I saw on another thread about ARS that they'll offer you a 20% discount and a PFD.  I hope that they are true to their word.  I didn't request anything in writing but I wrote down all of the information I was given.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that you mean you called them and paid them and they told you on the phone they would delete? I would ALWAYS get it in writing. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.