Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid medical bill Pay for delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unpaid medical bill Pay for delete

Yeah, I took their word for it.  They told me to send an email that said I would remit payment and that I was requesting a pay for delete.  I hope it goes smoothly.  Anything I can do if it doesn't?  They record their calls, so couldn't I just refer them to the call?  I don't know, I guess I should have done it differently.

Message 21 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I took their word for it.  They told me to send an email that said I would remit payment and that I was requesting a pay for delete.  I hope it goes smoothly.  Anything I can do if it doesn't?  They record their calls, so couldn't I just refer them to the call?  I don't know, I guess I should have done it differently.

A verbal agreement can be enforced just like a written one. A BBB complaint can be filed onn grounds of shoddy business practices and if that doesnt work then an ITS intent to sue letter sent to them usually gets em off their duff.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, there are definitely ways you can get it enforced if they don't follow through. The benefit to having it in writing is that if they don't do it, you can send it to the CB's to have them get it off. Without it in writing, there's more step involved. However, gdale is right, there are options if they don't follow through. 

Also, I wouldn't be worried about how you could have done it differently now. You DID something, so be proud of it. Either way you get it resolved, it will be resolved Smiley Happy 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.