cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized CA State Tax Lien on Husbands CR

tag
missmel

Unrecognized CA State Tax Lien on Husbands CR

Hi! New to the forum and looking for some advice- I am in the process of trying to help my husband repair his credit so we can purchase a home in the next few years. 

He last pulled his CR in 2009 and it was not great, but nothing too strange. He pulled last month and in the Public Record section there is a released tax lien appearing for $4801, with each bureau reporting it on a seperate line. 

It is listed as date filed of 5/27/09 and date released of 12/17/09

Transunion lists the court as: Recorder of Deeds

Experian lists the court as: San Francisco County Recorder

Equifax lists the court as: Country Recorder

My husband says he does not remember paying any taxes late and says he recieved no documentation regarding this lien. We moved to NYC in 2010 and have not lived in SF since. 

I have copies of his 2008-present tax returns, none of which show any similar ammounts. 

I have filled out the: RECORDED DOCUMENT REQUEST FORM BY MAIL for the San Francisco Office of the Accessor-Recorder with the recording date of the lien and release along with the appropriate document numbers etc. 

Does anyone know what I should be doing with those documents? or if theere is something I should be doing rather than attempting to obtain them? I was told my only option is through mail as I don't live in SF any longer and can't make the request in person. I am not even sure what these documents would tell me. I guess we would need to know the tax year that these were supposedly for? Also is there a way to obtain proof of payment as they are marked as released? He is not saying they are fraud but says he has no record of ever paying anything late or recieving any information about this while living in SF. 

Any advise/assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone who has had experience getting something similar removed know how many points he could expect to increase his credit score by upon removal?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.