Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecured Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsecured Cards

For those of you who have done the 'rebuilding thing' and have been successful enough to get an unsecured card.... What was your first unsecured card during the rebuilding process AND what did your scores look like around the time of app? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unsecured Cards

Kohls for me and I have no idea what my Fico was at the time this was in 09 and I didnt really care about rebuilding at that point and tracking scores.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hubby's first one (late Sept) was Credit One and he didn't even have a score. Lol. A few weeks later he got a secured Cap1 and last week he got approved for 2 unsecured Cap1 card2. His scores were EX 593 EQ 609 and TU 570 (TU according to Cap1 so I'm not sure if it's a FAKO or Fico
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok - I had some unofficial rebuilding done early in the year and had several years where stuff just naturally aged off - so I didn't truly rebuild from scratch - just let time heal most wounds.   At first card approval I still had a couple collections out there....late payments.....and the stupid tax lien.  

That being said - my FIRST cards (applied for two in one day) were Discover and CapOne QS1.   each got a $500 SL - scores at that time were Discover TU 607 approval and my EX 630 and EQ 632 (approx) - I don't have a record of the exact scores on the exact day - but those were a few days later from my CCT reports.......

A short time later I hit up CapOne for the Plat card $500 (thanks NormanH) and my scores were in the same range still - but TU improved.  TU 642 EX 633  EQ 661  

Some one had mentioned Chase - I had settled with them years ago for less than amount owed (same with Discover too) so I figured what the heck....will they let me in?   Got the Freedom card $500 .......Scores still in the same.

Got the remaining collections removed - only things out there are some lates and the lien........

Last month I got brave and hit up AMEX Blue ED $2000- I love that card by the way!!!  Never had AMEX before......anyway - they pulled EX (its on my approval print out) of 661.

Hope that helps someone..........

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum for $500 in March of this year with scores in the mid-500s. I got a second card in April with the same limit. Both have $2,000 limits now. The majority of my baddies are from installmanet loans and medical rather than revolving debt, so I think that affected my results.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum. June. 580?/570?/600.  $500.

key:  No AF so I can keep it open for a looooooonnggg time.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

.... Thanks for the answers ladies and gents.... #KeepEmComin

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.