Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up 20 points! PFD accepted!

tag
mynamemightbetim
Established Member

Up 20 points! PFD accepted!

Just wante to happy dance a little! Granted, I've technically only made 13 points in the last year since my a dropped to 540 right after I started monitoring, it started at 580 last June now I'm 593.

I was able to buy a brand new car at 6.5%
I got one collection goodwilled
I got one collection PFD'd.
My student loan lates will be a year old next month.
I also recently got excepted for a credit card, first one ever! Can't wait to see the impact of some well-managed revolving action on my report.

HOUSE HERE I COME SOON!!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Re: Up 20 points! PFD accepted!

Congrats!!! That is awesome...you give me and others hope. I just sent off my 1st DV's yesterday. In the meantime I will look into getting a secured credit card next wk while I wait to hear back on the DV's. Then after that, PFD's or GW's. I also have been in a rehabilitation program with my student loan servicers...and have successfully completed the program. So they are about to reverse the negative marks and report me as good, and place me back to a bank($$).

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Fantastic, grats to your continued success OP Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
mynamemightbetim
Established Member

**accepted.

Yep wish I got a card sooner, but oh well. Better late than never lol. I didn't send out any DV's just a goodwill to a collection I made payments on for a year, which was removed last August. And then I have been fighting the collection I just PFD'd for literally a year. No help from the collection agency, filed a BBB thing, wrote to the OC (hospital) who promised to delete it once it was paid. They didn't, so I wrote to the CFO and freaked out a little, and it was gone within the week!
Message 4 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

GOOD JOB!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 9
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Can you tell me what the finance company for the car is that got you a great interest rate?

Message 6 of 9
mynamemightbetim
Established Member

Fncb- First National Community Bank.

Also, since all the baddies are off my report as much as they will be. The only thing I have on there is a ton of SL lates that will not be removed. What do I do to improve my score now?

Work on credit cards? Can I get any inquires deleted? I have five-some are over a year old... does that even really affect my score?
Message 7 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.