Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up all night writting GW Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up all night writting GW Letters

I have spent most of the night working on GW letters.  I sent out the following letters
Sears
Macy
Dicover Card
Dress Barn
NCO
Pudget Sound Collections
Grimm Collection

Any one have any with any of these groups.  All I need is one to be fixed, but I will take all 7 fixed.  lol  :smileyvery-happy:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Up all night writting GW Letters

So you've paid them all off?

I have experience with NCO, but my experience is "I DVd them outside of Dunning time period on 2 separate listings, and they deleted". 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
nickbrodie
Established Member

How did you do on these.  I am curious about Sears in particular.  Were they receptive to your GW letter?

TU Starting Score (09/23/10): 682 | EQ Starting Score (09/23/10): 697
TU Current Score (10/16/2010): 721 | EQ Current Score (10/16/2010): 735
TU & EQ Goal Score: 761

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
tpham

@mauve wrote:

I have experience with NCO, but my experience is "I DVd them outside of Dunning time period on 2 separate listings, and they deleted". 

can you explain what  "outside of dunning time period" means?  I have two NCO accounts that i have settled with which are still on my credit Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tpham wrote:

@mauve wrote:

can you explain what  "outside of dunning time period" means?  I have two NCO accounts that i have settled with which are still on my credit Smiley Sad

Hello and welcome.

When you receive an initial dunning letter from a CA you have 30 days to respond (unless you live in Texas which has no such restriction). But some people have had success with sending a DV after the 30 days has expired. Does that answer your question?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 10
tpham

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@tpham wrote:

@mauve wrote:

Hello and welcome.

When you receive an initial dunning letter from a CA you have 30 days to respond (unless you live in Texas which has no such restriction). But some people have had success with sending a DV after the 30 days has expired. Does that answer your question?

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Thanks! And yes it does.  So a simple DV letter might get the hit taken off my report? hmmm..

Message 6 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tpham wrote:

Thanks! And yes it does.  So a simple DV letter might get the hit taken off my report? hmmm..

Unfortunately no. A DV letter is only sent to a CA to validate a debt and not to ask for early deletion of a negative item on your report. If you've settled with a CA you'll need to write GW (Good Will) letters and ask sweetly that the negative entries (not the entire account) be deleted early.

The CA is under no legal obligation to do so but GW lettters are successful in many cases. If you do a search here onsite for "GW letters" you'll find examples of what other people have written and what type of success (or not) that they've had. But it's worth a try. All NCO can do is say no.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

(unless you live in Texas which has no such restriction)

i live in texas... does that mean they have to validate or delete regardless of how much time has passed since their initial contact?

Message 8 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

(unless you live in Texas which has no such restriction)

i live in texas... does that mean they have to validate or delete regardless of how much time has passed since their initial contact?

That's correct. There is no 30 day time limit to answer a dunning letter in Texas. Once you send a DV letter they have 30 days to answer.

Texas Finance Code

From a BK years ago to:

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

This is a little confusing.  You have both OC and CA accounts,which you are seeking to GW.

GW letters are sent when the OC account is now current of paid, and are sent to debt collectiors once the CA they reported ha been paid or settled. 

So I am confused as the relevance of any DV letter,  If a CA, for example, is paid, there is no debt being collected, and thus nothing to ask validation of.

Can you elaborate on the status of each account, separarted by OC and CA reprtings, and the type and date of the prior derogs you are requeting deletion of?  Maybe what you are really seeking is acceptance of a PFD, and not a GW, letter?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.