3/28/2017 using credit check total

exp - 596

trans - 580

equifax - 628

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update 2: New Fico 8 scores

There have been numerous PFD and being added as AU to a few great trade lines from my mom.  I added 4 new cards of my own.  2 Commenity, cap1 and open sky.  Plus my mortgage is now being reported to all 3B!!  Took over 5 months for the new lender to start reporting when they bought it from Chase.

TIME TO GARDEN.

Question 1:  Does Commenity not report to Trans?  Its reporting to the other 2 but not Trans.

Question 2:  I opened a SELF LENDER account because it was taking mortgage forever to report.  Should I now just pay off the rest of the 400?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the progress!

Your mortgage, assuming it has a good payment history, should help a lot. Your cards, try to keep overall utilization under 10% and individual utilization under 29%. The self lender account should be reporting as an installment loan so that'd be different from how to mortgage is reporting. I would continue to let the self lender account report as you may see a drop in scores if you pay it off. 

I believe Commenity does report to all 3 CB, but from what I've heard, the're shotty at best in the updating monthly process. Others may know how to answer your 1st question a little bit better than myself.

Message 3 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Overstock, Express, and Victoria's Secret report to all 3 for us, those are the only Comenity cards I'm familiar with. TU is notorious for being slow to update. As for the self lender loan, you can pay it off since the mortgage is an instalment loan.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Overstock, Express, and Victoria's Secret report to all 3 for us, those are the only Comenity cards I'm familiar with. TU is notorious for being slow to update. As for the self lender loan, you can pay it off since the mortgage is an instalment loan.

I had no idea that mortgages were installment loans, I thought they were reported as something different. That's good to know.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian jumped up to 608.... Cant wait till CCT updates in another 20 days to see what the other 2 are doing Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.