cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

I posted i was a little sad due to my DECREASE in score from a 556 to a 552 after paying off 2 c/o First premier ccs and a 2 collection deletions and i got a SW alert that my score decreased by 4 points..

Well i had a Collection agency i had BBB that wrote back stating they will not delete and another that appeared to be validated with my equifax disputes and i updated my credit report and they are both deleted!! this is awesome but brings me to the question how did SW update it to a 0 balance when it was deleted? and why would my score be reporting as going down 4 points when i did the actual pull today it was at the same 556.. and yes i have quite a few baddies still left but the utilization was killing me and i paid off those charged off ccs and i have no boost? i also opened a cc line of $500 which shows but is not factored into my utilization so instead of  $500 and $900 with $800 used .. it only shows $800/$900 use, which still has my overall utilization high because the new cc is not being taken into consideration  Smiley Sad

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

Bump Smiley Happy
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

@lesse wrote:

I posted i was a little sad due to my DECREASE in score from a 556 to a 552 after paying off 2 c/o First premier ccs and a 2 collection deletions and i got a SW alert that my score decreased by 4 points..

Well i had a Collection agency i had BBB that wrote back stating they will not delete and another that appeared to be validated with my equifax disputes and i updated my credit report and they are both deleted!! this is awesome but brings me to the question how did SW update it to a 0 balance when it was deleted? and why would my score be reporting as going down 4 points when i did the actual pull today it was at the same 556.. and yes i have quite a few baddies still left but the utilization was killing me and i paid off those charged off ccs and i have no boost? i also opened a cc line of $500 which shows but is not factored into my utilization so instead of  $500 and $900 with $800 used .. it only shows $800/$900 use, which still has my overall utilization high because the new cc is not being taken into consideration  Smiley Sad

SW is accurate. SW does not monitor baddies being deleted/removed. It will update every 7-10 days. If your UTIL is high you will need to get it down between 1-9% to see some type of bump. When is your payments due on the cards?  and statement are cut? Opening a new CC could make you score go down at first. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.