Regular Contributor
lesse

Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

I posted i was a little sad due to my DECREASE in score from a 556 to a 552 after paying off 2 c/o First premier ccs and a 2 collection deletions and i got a SW alert that my score decreased by 4 points..

Well i had a Collection agency i had BBB that wrote back stating they will not delete and another that appeared to be validated with my equifax disputes and i updated my credit report and they are both deleted!! this is awesome but brings me to the question how did SW update it to a 0 balance when it was deleted? and why would my score be reporting as going down 4 points when i did the actual pull today it was at the same 556.. and yes i have quite a few baddies still left but the utilization was killing me and i paid off those charged off ccs and i have no boost? i also opened a cc line of $500 which shows but is not factored into my utilization so instead of  $500 and $900 with $800 used .. it only shows $800/$900 use, which still has my overall utilization high because the new cc is not being taken into consideration  :smileysad:

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 528 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull EQ: 673 EX: 633 TU: 631
GOAL 640 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $300; NFCU (secured) $500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500
Garden Time :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
lesse

Re: Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

Bump :smileyhappy:
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 528 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull EQ: 673 EX: 633 TU: 631
GOAL 640 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $300; NFCU (secured) $500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500
Garden Time :smileyhappy:
Senior Contributor
DaBears

Re: Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

lesse wrote:

I posted i was a little sad due to my DECREASE in score from a 556 to a 552 after paying off 2 c/o First premier ccs and a 2 collection deletions and i got a SW alert that my score decreased by 4 points..

Well i had a Collection agency i had BBB that wrote back stating they will not delete and another that appeared to be validated with my equifax disputes and i updated my credit report and they are both deleted!! this is awesome but brings me to the question how did SW update it to a 0 balance when it was deleted? and why would my score be reporting as going down 4 points when i did the actual pull today it was at the same 556.. and yes i have quite a few baddies still left but the utilization was killing me and i paid off those charged off ccs and i have no boost? i also opened a cc line of $500 which shows but is not factored into my utilization so instead of  $500 and $900 with $800 used .. it only shows $800/$900 use, which still has my overall utilization high because the new cc is not being taken into consideration  :smileysad:

SW is accurate. SW does not monitor baddies being deleted/removed. It will update every 7-10 days. If your UTIL is high you will need to get it down between 1-9% to see some type of bump. When is your payments due on the cards?  and statement are cut? Opening a new CC could make you score go down at first. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+