Regular Contributor

Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

I posted i was a little sad due to my DECREASE in score from a 556 to a 552 after paying off 2 c/o First premier ccs and a 2 collection deletions and i got a SW alert that my score decreased by 4 points..

Well i had a Collection agency i had BBB that wrote back stating they will not delete and another that appeared to be validated with my equifax disputes and i updated my credit report and they are both deleted!! this is awesome but brings me to the question how did SW update it to a 0 balance when it was deleted? and why would my score be reporting as going down 4 points when i did the actual pull today it was at the same 556.. and yes i have quite a few baddies still left but the utilization was killing me and i paid off those charged off ccs and i have no boost? i also opened a cc line of $500 which shows but is not factored into my utilization so instead of  $500 and $900 with $800 used .. it only shows $800/$900 use, which still has my overall utilization high because the new cc is not being taken into consideration  :smileysad:

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull EQ: 694 EX: 644 TU: 670
GOAL 640 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $400; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $1000; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $1500
Garden Time :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor

Re: Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

Bump :smileyhappy:
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull EQ: 694 EX: 644 TU: 670
GOAL 640 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $400; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $1000; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $1500
Garden Time :smileyhappy:
Senior Contributor

Re: Update.. Good news Kindof??.. BUT how accurate is SW???

lesse wrote:

I posted i was a little sad due to my DECREASE in score from a 556 to a 552 after paying off 2 c/o First premier ccs and a 2 collection deletions and i got a SW alert that my score decreased by 4 points..

Well i had a Collection agency i had BBB that wrote back stating they will not delete and another that appeared to be validated with my equifax disputes and i updated my credit report and they are both deleted!! this is awesome but brings me to the question how did SW update it to a 0 balance when it was deleted? and why would my score be reporting as going down 4 points when i did the actual pull today it was at the same 556.. and yes i have quite a few baddies still left but the utilization was killing me and i paid off those charged off ccs and i have no boost? i also opened a cc line of $500 which shows but is not factored into my utilization so instead of  $500 and $900 with $800 used .. it only shows $800/$900 use, which still has my overall utilization high because the new cc is not being taken into consideration  :smileysad:

SW is accurate. SW does not monitor baddies being deleted/removed. It will update every 7-10 days. If your UTIL is high you will need to get it down between 1-9% to see some type of bump. When is your payments due on the cards?  and statement are cut? Opening a new CC could make you score go down at first. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.