Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update - It CAN be done. Next goal 750+

tag
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

Update - It CAN be done. Next goal 750+

another update Smiley Happy

Under 600 when I started to lurk on this site..score around 622 when I started scorewatch.

LOTS of work - and keeping all current bills current.

Good will letters and lots of followups , pay for deletes (alot of negotiating and NOT giving up when they say no) better business buerea for incorrect items with stubborn CA's, started with secure cards , then unsecured with low limits , then patience to let the credit limits grow..

and a whole lotta help from this website and its members.

Waiting today if my offer on a house will be accepted - something I NEVER thought I could do

Eq 698 TU 741 Ex 721

next goal is 750+ for all 3.

It feels great to apply for things and no longer be embarassed , I couldnt even get a cell phone without a co-signer at my lowest point.

It takes time patience and hard work but credit CAN be repaired.

Keep at it, if you are just starting and reading this DO NOT GIVE UP.

Sometimes you will take 3 steps forward and then 2 back and it can be discouraging but keep on trucking , IT IS WORTH IT in the end.

Much love to this whole forum and its members.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update - It CAN be done. Next goal 750+

Wow.  Awesome!  Thank you for posting - you've had amazing success and are proof that it can and *does* happen if you just keep at it.  Often times it is frustrating and difficult ... "oh geez another GW denial.  How do those people get them on their first tryyy????  I give up!!!"  Been there.  Done that.  Just keep with it.  Make it a habit - once a week - pop those letters out.  Eventually, you'll be making progress and in the long run the choice to manage your credit pays off.  It's a waiting game both for the GWs and for the account aging!  Congratulations CreditRepairGirl and to everyone else out there Smiley Happy  YaY!  Credit stuff!

Message 2 of 8
Pastryprincessnails
Regular Contributor

Congrats that is such an inspiration!!!
NFCU $17k Amex Gold Jared $3k PC Richards $1500 Discover IT $1800 NYCO $3k BOFA $4500 Macys $2400 Credit One $1450 Victorias Secret $2950 Walmart $4k Target $800 Capital One $1850 JCrew $8700 Paypal $600 Best Buy Mastercard $1500 Barclays $1430 Amazon Store Card $480 Amazon Visa $4k The Limited $1050 Old Navy $5k Overstock $1150 Citibank Dc $1700 Raymour and Flanigan $2500 Chase Freedom $1k Chase Slate $3200
Message 3 of 8
makeupho
New Contributor

Congratulations!  Your hard work is paying off.  Nice!

Ch13 filed 3/2009 : discharged 1/2014
Starting 2/16/2013:
EQ673 TU667
Current 6/3/2018: EX816 EQ806 TU820
Goal: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

Love to hear stories like this!  Congrats and good luck with the offer!!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
meshon711
New Contributor

Congrats!! How long did it take you?

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 600 ALMOST THERE!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

Woo hoo, congrats and thank you for sharing your story!! Inspiration abounds from reading stories such as yours, I hope everyone takes heart and keeps on keeping on as a result. Smiley Very Happy

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 7 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

YOU go girl, Woo Hoo.gif Hard work does pay off. Thanks for sharing your story.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.