Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update:Midland 40%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:Midland 40%

Ok midland responded with 40% for account to be settled. I need suggestion. If i settle and pay what they are asking, will they remove it from report. I dont see anything on the invoice which states 'deletion of record upon payment' or something along those lines.
Should i try another pfd 30 cents on the dollar?
Its past soland entry is supposed to be off by end of 2016..
Also, i got the fnbo card as well and i will be using it and making full payment bfore statement balance.
Lastly, according ck i gained 89 points because pf bofa secured card.. Balance 57 total line of credit 500...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update:Midland 40%

Bump
Message 2 of 7
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I've never had to deal with Midland before so hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

Here is the risk you have.....that CA is over 5 yrs old.  If you settle the debt without a PFD, it will report "paid collection, settled for less than full amount." and the updated date from the collection will appear new to FICO...instant loss of 50 - 100 points.  The ONLY way paying this will benefit your score is if Midland deletes.  From what I have read, they are a bunch of hard arses that are unlikely to delete.

If the collection amt is small, I would leave it and let it age off.  Just my humble opinion.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will keep trying to get pfd, lets see What happens..
Last thing i would want is for me points to take hit.
Thanks for you logical input
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Momof5 wrote:

I've never had to deal with Midland before so hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

Here is the risk you have.....that CA is over 5 yrs old.  If you settle the debt without a PFD, it will report "paid collection, settled for less than full amount." and the updated date from the collection will appear new to FICO...instant loss of 50 - 100 points.  The ONLY way paying this will benefit your score is if Midland deletes.  From what I have read, they are a bunch of hard arses that are unlikely to delete.

If the collection amt is small, I would leave it and let it age off.  Just my humble opinion.

I can almost gaurantee that midland is updating every month if he is in negotiations with them. It what they "do".

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Momof5 wrote:

I can almost gaurantee that midland is updating every month if he is in negotiations with them. It what they "do".

And if this is true then the OP would want to settle it ASAP to stop the updating if they cannot get a PFD.

Message 6 of 7
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

I have not been partially successful with PFDing Midland... I had 2 accounts on my CR and when I call, I say these exact words...

"... I am willing to pay off the debt and I am asking you to remove the reporting from all 3 CRA... I know that by law you are required to report ONLY the CORRECT information. I am NOT asking you to report anything INCORRECTLY. I am simply asking you NOT to report. You are NOT reqired to report if you choose to not report it."

It worked 1 out of the 2 times. 

My second TL is for T-Mobile which I am fighting in a different way.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.