cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Resurgent GW, not CACH LLC.. not on CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Resurgent GW, not CACH LLC.. not on CR?

Here's what happened:

- I posted this question as the CA listed on my reports was Cach LLC/Cambece, whom I paid off in 09.

- Update: looks like AMEX's hands are tied until they hear from Resurgent... Who?

When calling the backdoor to recon, I was told that they cannot change their decision until they hear from Resurgent. 

Apparently, they are the one AMEX wants to hear from, but this company is not listed on any of my 3 reports.... nor can I recall ever hearing from them? :/

Once Resurgent lets them know I PIF, then AMEX will proceed on whether they can approve me for a ZYNC.

And there IS definitely a blacklist I'm thinking, because she was clear that if any account is not paid in full, amex would not consider you for a card in the future. Smiley Sad

What can I do? Should I GW Resurgent?

Afraid to contact them as I am leery of calling CAs after the fact. Help...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Update: Resurgent GW, not CACH LLC.. not on CR?

If you paid debt collector 1, then they would have to have had collection authority at that time to collect it, either by way of ownership of the debt, or assignment of collection authority to them by the OC or current owner.

Once you paid debt collector 1, the debt ceased to exist.  Thus, there could not have been a sale or assignment of the debt to a debt collector 2 after its payment.

So I am with you.  I dont understand how debt collector 2 came into the picture.  Maybe, just maybe, debt collector 2 received an assignment of collection authority from debt collector 1 prior to payment of the debt, which is one way a second debt collector could have been involved.  But even if that occured, payment of the debt would have terminated any collection authority of debt collector 2, so I dont understand the relevance to AMEX.

Since debt collector 2 has never reported to the CRA, there is nothing to ask them for GW deletion of.  They cannot report deletion of anything reported by debt collector 1, as it was not their reporting.

Got me!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I don't know what to do... Paid the CA that's reporting years ago; Resurgent is not on the CRA reports at all. But they're the one AMEX wants to hear from. Makes no sense. Smiley Sad

Maybe that was a nice way of explaining I'm on their blacklist? Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Is LVNV listed on your reports? Resurgent manages all of the the accounts for LVNV. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, the only one reporting on all of them is CACH LLC...

Scoured all 3 reports;Resurgent/LVNV/Sherman does not appear anywhere on there at all.

So confusing... and so very frustrating!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha! Just found a soft pull by Resurgent on my EX... but back in July 2009. That's the only record of them ever showing up on my reports. Nothing on EQ or TU...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.