Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Credit Scores ::started from the bottom::

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Update on Credit Scores ::started from the bottom::

I should be ready to purchase a home by March 2016 :Whoop Whoop:: 

I started in the VERY LOW 500's IN 01/2015.........It was BAD!   I PDF the majority of the collections that were on my report,  I had a total of 15 and now down to 2 PAID collections!!!!  I did it Myself...NO CREDIT REPAIR RIPOFFS!

TU 

Fico 08 / 650

Fico 04 / 661 (mortgage score)

Fico 08 / 672 (auto loan score)

Fico 04 / 685 (auto loan score)

Fico 08 / 665 (bankcard score)

Fico 04 / 671 (bankcard score)

EX

Fico 08 / 614

Fico 02 / 642 (mortgage score)

Fico 08 / 637 (auto loan score)

Fico 02 / 674 (auto loan score)

Fico 08 / 627 (bankcard score)

Fico 03 / 670 (bankcard score)

Fico 02 / 651 (bankcard score)

EQ

Fico 08 / 619

Fico 05/ 594 (mortage score)

Fico 08/ 634 (autolending)

Fico 08 /610 (bankcard score)

Fico 05/ 619 (bankcard score)

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update on Credit Scores ::started from the bottom::

My Goal is to have a 750 by March 2016....Fingers CROSSED

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...

Hopefully I can get my score up soon

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, congrats!!  Could you give me some advice on the PFD? I have 8 collections. Some are small like parking tickets, but I do have 2 medical and an $800 direct tv that they won't budge on. I previously sent settlement offers, but no bites. How did you do it?

Message 4 of 11
mamatried
Contributor

Awesome work! I wish I understood PFD when I was starting to clean up. I have 4 paid collections on my report I'm trying to get off. I heard back from 1 that has agreed to take it off after I sent a GW letter. ***Fingers crossed*** I too am hoping to start looking at houses in February/March 2016.

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 5 of 11
Jerel82TX
New Contributor

This is awesome! Good Job! I'm right behind you. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

I sent PFD letters (I live in Texas),  and if they were able to provide me with documentation that the debt belonged to me, I would call back towards the end of the month (that is usually when they have to meet a quota)  I would offer an amount (I always offered a much lower amount) in lieu of them removing the debt from my credit report.  The majority of the time, they agreed and would send me an email confirming that the debt would be removed from credit.  I had a total of 15 collections,  and now I'm down to 2 collections that are PAID....I will be sending Goodwill letters for those.  

(search previous post for PFD letters) 

Message 7 of 11
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

@KS21 wrote:

First of all, congrats!!  Could you give me some advice on the PFD? I have 8 collections. Some are small like parking tickets, but I do have 2 medical and an $800 direct tv that they won't budge on. I previously sent settlement offers, but no bites. How did you do it?

I usually contacted them over the phone when I wanted to settle.  If the debt is yours,  I would contact them over the phone and speak to rep, especially if they are updating negative remarks on your report every month....they won't stop updating until you pay.  It is hard to improve scores when negative items update monthly.

Message 8 of 11
savingmoney87
Regular Contributor

GREAT JOB!!!!

]
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, ok. Did you have them send you something in writing, or did they just honor their word? Thanks for the help!!  Ok, just saw that you said they sent you an email. I'm definitely going to call instead of keep,writing. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.