Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on rebuild/what you think?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Update on rebuild/what you think?

Well guys after working a 13 hr shift and getting off at 7AM I decided to tackle some collections and finalize my other plan of attack, and am feeling pretty accomplished Smiley Happy I started reading a few months back in hooes of getting a mortgage mid 2015 and still have a long ways to go but will have all collections settled soon and a big one removed :-D. Have managed to get 5 collections removed through unvalidated disputes. Current scores are EQ FICO-457 TU FICO-551 EX FICO-UNKNOWN

Current baddies:
First Premier Charge Off-$547, 2013
Verizon Wireless-$1, 164, 2013
First Premier Chargeoff-$0, 2007
Unknown Medical Bill-$0, 2008
Indian Hills CC-$1092, 2011
Caseys-$97, 2007
MidAmerican-$41, 2010
Pizza Hut-$41, 2007
Sprint-$456, 2011
Credit Bureau Ia-$120, 2007
Credit Bureau Ia-$89, 2009

Goodies:
Capital One Secure-$230/300, 2012
Sallie Mae-$1801, 2007
GM financial-$19300, Sep2013
Personal Loan-$2000, Jan2014
Credit one CC-$0/300, Jan2014
Chrysler CC-$0/1500, Jan2014

As far as baddies go today I went to Indian Hills CC and spoke to them about never attending. They were able to give me no proof aside from a generic bill. After speaking with two ladies I have to fill out an appeal form and write a letter stating the facts and from the sounds it should be deleted :-) should see a jump with that one since its relatively new..started reporting 2012. All of thebother collections will be paid by the end of this month with all but 4 falling off this year, one of which I am sure offered me a PFD so three at mortgage time. Will do GW letters as well between now and then to get a score increase sooner in hopes of refinancing car loan after September (get better rate and lower payment so monthly DTI is lower).

As far as all my good accounts go:
Capital one CC- is high utilization which I will pay down to 5% by months end (currently the balance on charge off 1st premier is making my utilization somewhere around 180% so when both are paid score should jump. Capital one shows 30, 60, 90 day late once each Jul, Aug, Sep 2013 (gonna GW)

Sallie Mae Student Loan- Balance $1801 open since 2007 pays as agrees never late.

GM Financial- new car loan current balance $19, 300 opened Sep 2013 never late, does not appear on CR, called and they stated they are reporting and need copies of CR to get it fixed. Its weird because when buying CR some of my security answers pertained to this loan? Any ideas?

Personal Loan- $2000, just got approved for this through my CU. Have never had a loan there so they wanted me to build history and ill use them for mortgage. The loan is to pay off my collection accounts. Is a 1 year loan and they approved me by my equifax report which my score pulled was a 475 :-S (The hard pull dropped EQ FICO to 451)

Credit One CC- $300 CL Wife was approved for this last night so added me as an AU, isn't showing up yet on reports yet of course. Hope this helps my score some.

Chrysler Maximum Rewards CC- $1500, is a secured card offered to me since I bought a new vehicle of theirs. Will graduate to unsecure after 15mo of good payments and use, deposited $1500 but will continue to add to the CL until I havebit built up to the max of 5K and hopefully it sticks when it graduates plus ill get the 5K back right around mortgage time. Is not reporting to reports yet as I just completed the app and deposit.

My AAoA as of right now is 4.5 years so these new accounts shouldn't hurt me terribly. Plan on gardening from here until mortgage time. Student loan and personal loan will be paid off by FEB2015.

How do you guys think I'm doing? After typing out all the baddies I startes rethinking how far I've gotten lol! Just have to remember at least everything is paid and most will fall off by years end and one in 2015. Nothing but good credit practices from gere on out :-)

Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update on rebuild/what you think?

You have some baddies and some goodies.  Your baddies are for relatively small amounts. Have you tried PFDs for them?  Plus a few of them are getting on in age so they won't stay on much longer.  If you need help with specific ones, let us know and we will tackle those together.

And a quick question...  PizzaHut?  First I've ever seen of that on a CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Lol right..everyone says pizza hut..it was a bad check I wrote on an account my parents got me when I was 17 (bad teenager decisions).

Thats the one thing that gets me is how relatively small they all are.

Tried a PFD with 1stbpremier but company that has it doesn't report to my CR but instead 1st premier themselves. The sprint bill I am trying to PFD just because I had it removed in past due to non validation but unfortunately it poppes back up. The pizza hut, caseys, 07 1st premier charge off, unknown medical bill, and one credit bureau of iowa will fall off by end of 2014 and another in 2015. Therefore don't want to do ahything with those aside pay them. The other ones ill try PFD.

As far as good accounts go is that a good number and mix?
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

BUMP

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.