Edits from original post in March written in RED plus some follow up questions:

Current Credit Scores (via MyFico):

Exp:550 581 as of 04/14/2014

TU: 540 552 as of 04/14/2014

EQ:542 544 as of 04/14/2014

My credit snapshot:

I have no real open lines of credit to speak of. I paid off my car loan 2/2014

My Baddies (pretty much all of them :catsad:

Cap One: opened 1/08; C/O since 12/08; ok pymts 1/8-5/8 30-15 reported 6/8-10/8; schduled to "fall off" 3/2015 no change but want to note they do still report- should that impact just waiting for them to fall off in 2015

Premier 1 (FPB): opened 1/2007 ok pymts 1/07-5/2008. C/O since 10/08 fall off 3/2015 no change

Premier 2: opened 10/2007 ok pymts 10/07-5/08. C/O since 10/2008 fall of 3/15 no change

HSBC: opened 7/2007: ok payments 7/2007-6-2008. Closed 7/2009 and trasferred no change

IC Systems: Med bill that I am disputing. Dr of record is not mine, hospital I ave never been to Amount: $717. Dispute filed 3/31/2014 dispute successful- off all three reports

Portfolio Recover; Bought the HSBC CC debt. Due: $579- reporting in collection since 8/2009. Scheduled fall off 3/2015 HSBC debt was paid. Report has been disputed. Just waiting to see where that goes. Impatiently waiting.

Regional Acceptance- Car loan taken 3/2007- PIF 2/2014. 5 30 days 1 60 day 1 90 day GW letter sent. Not hopeful but will keep trying. I really need a car loan and I think this is going to kill my chances

Not baddies but not sure what they do for me:

Pier One/Chase: Status: Closed never late. Closed by grantor (I never really used it...) Opened 3/1996 (by far oldest record) no change

First Premier: Opened 5/2005 Closed 2007 at my request (b/c I opened the other and did not want to pay fees) no change

Credit Union: car loan 7/2004-2/2007 Status; closed/never late no change

I have had 5 inquiries: 2 for jobs in 2013 (additional contracting trying to dig out of our hole) and 3 credit inquiries no change

Added as AU to two CC- total credit limite $3k. Utilization under 20%

I really know I need to get my file thicker. I am just at a loss of where to start. I want to be careful about more HPs.

Any thoughts or guidance is GREATLY appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on the Journey. What to do next?

Hello,
I would like to know why you disputed something that was paid rather than sending a GW? Was it put on there by accident or error? I thought disputing accurate information was frowned upon, that's why I'm asking.

You seem to be on the right track so far, since you were added as an AU give it about six months to start seeing it work for you. Also, if you want a "thicker" file you could try to add one or two secured lines and keep them reporting at 0 since your other utilization is already over the 0-9% recommended.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update on the Journey. What to do next?

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello,
I would like to know why you disputed something that was paid rather than sending a GW? Was it put on there by accident or error? I thought disputing accurate information was frowned upon, that's why I'm asking.

You seem to be on the right track so far, since you were added as an AU give it about six months to start seeing it work for you. Also, if you want a "thicker" file you could try to add one or two secured lines and keep them reporting at 0 since your other utilization is already over the 0-9% recommended.

i am disputing because the OC account was PIF and  Portfoilio is trying to collect against it as if it was not. It is the nightmare HSBC thing where they sold the CCs off but if you paid you account shortly before that they reporting has been less than accurate.

The utilization will be less than 10% after this month thanks to a performance bonus!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.