Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Score

tag
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Update to Score

Can someone explain what exactly this means.  I got this update via Score Watch a couple of days ago.  Does this mean that my dispute was successful?  Do I need to worry about this account anymore?  Is this being deleted from my report?  Also, the "account closed at consumer's request" thing I am confused about.  Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.  This updating caused my Fico (EQ via Score Watch) to jump 10 points.

In 9/1/2010, the collection agency PARAGON REVENUE GROUP was hired by creditor Not Reported to collect $265 in debts on account number XXXX7938.
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Date reported:1/1/20111/1/2014
Current balance:$265$0
Status date:1/1/20111/1/2014
DescriptionConsumer disputes - reinvestigation in process

Account closed at consumer s request
Collection account

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllThingsRPossible
New Contributor

Re: Update to Score

Hopefully someone will chime in reg the TL.  only input I have is since it's showing as a cust dispute it's taken out of the scoring equation. Which May be why u see an increase in ur score. It's not being factored into the fico calculation.   and most lmortgage lenders will not appr mortgage with any open dispute comments.  

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 650

Message 2 of 8
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  What I am confused about is the closed statement at "my request".  I didn't request it be closed within my dispute, shrug.  Also, there were 2 other collections from this same company that I disputed along with this one, and those 2 remained the same.  In the update that EQ provided me it says that they are being reported correctly and gives me the company contact information. 

Do I need to worry about this particular one, so to speak?  Do I just leave it be?  Do I try and GW or PFD or whatever? 

I apologize for the many questions as I am new to MyFico and new to the credit rebuilding process.

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

Why did you dispute the accounts in the first place?

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 8
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

They were disputed due to the fact I had no recollection of these charges.  I think the official reason was debt not mine/did not incur or something like that. 

Message 5 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

Have you sent a DV?

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 6 of 8
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

I have not and did not, unfortunately, I didn't know about that before I got my annual credit report and started the dispute process.

Message 7 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

If it comes back as verified, send out a DV to those debts. Then you'll have an answer as to where those debts came from.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.