Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to my rebuilding efforts

tag
leahkline86
New Contributor

Update to my rebuilding efforts

On May 27 I joined MyFico so I could start the rebuilding process for my husband and I. My husbands scores are not too bad (not great, but good enough for a mortgage), and mine were not good. Our goal was to get both of ours in a place where we can get a conventional mortgage loan within about 1 - 1.5 years without major hurddles. I have SO MANY collection accounts. (I think like 15 total), they are all medical and most very small amounts. Some paid, some not paid. I was able to get us some credit cards because we did not have any and I am seeing the benefits of those! I am dilegently working on my collection accounts and trying for PFD, but so far no luck. It's hard to not feel a little discouraged when I see how many collection accounts are on my report. However, even if I can't get any to PFD, just the credit cards are making a huge improvement to my score and I have 2 judgements that will fall off in less than 1 year, so i know that will help as well. Thank you everyone for your help during this process! Can't wait to update a year or so from now about a mortgage preapproval. Smiley Happy Our Fico08 score updates are below (Our original mortgage scores were not too bad, but i'm not paying for another mortgage score for at least 6 months) Smiley Happy 

HUSBAND ...... Still trying to figure out how to get his to increase. He is an AU on a $10,000 CC that is at 95% usage, so we have asked for him to be removed from that, hoping that will really help. 

MAY 27/JUNE26

Equifax: 687/683

Transunion: 689/706

Experian: 675/675

MINE .... alll 600's!!! I have not seen 600's in YEARS. 

MAY 27/JUNE26

Equifax: 596/608

Transunion: 598/618

Experian: 583/651

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update to my rebuilding efforts

@leahkline86 wrote:

On May 27 I joined MyFico so I could start the rebuilding process for my husband and I. My husbands scores are not too bad (not great, but good enough for a mortgage), and mine were not good. Our goal was to get both of ours in a place where we can get a conventional mortgage loan within about 1 - 1.5 years without major hurddles. I have SO MANY collection accounts. (I think like 15 total), they are all medical and most very small amounts. Some paid, some not paid. I was able to get us some credit cards because we did not have any and I am seeing the benefits of those! I am dilegently working on my collection accounts and trying for PFD, but so far no luck. It's hard to not feel a little discouraged when I see how many collection accounts are on my report. However, even if I can't get any to PFD, just the credit cards are making a huge improvement to my score and I have 2 judgements that will fall off in less than 1 year, so i know that will help as well. Thank you everyone for your help during this process! Can't wait to update a year or so from now about a mortgage preapproval. Smiley Happy Our Fico08 score updates are below (Our original mortgage scores were not too bad, but i'm not paying for another mortgage score for at least 6 months) Smiley Happy 

HUSBAND ...... Still trying to figure out how to get his to increase. He is an AU on a $10,000 CC that is at 95% usage, so we have asked for him to be removed from that, hoping that will really help. 

MAY 27/JUNE26

Equifax: 687/683

Transunion: 689/706

Experian: 675/675

MINE .... alll 600's!!! I have not seen 600's in YEARS. 

MAY 27/JUNE26

Equifax: 596/608

Transunion: 598/618

Experian: 583/651

On the AU account it should update to a terminated status and 0 balance. If they dont update the balance to 0 you want to ask the CRAs to completely remove the account as he is only an AU and not resposible for payment of the account, if they refuse then you would file a CFPB complaint on the offending CRA.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.