Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

So its been a year now. I got approved for a house but I am only at a 593. 

The question I have is: EQ XP are both 593 and TU is 641

When I look at both reports the only thing I see different on TU is that they arent showing any of the closed accts that were included in a BK7 that was in 2012. EQ XP are showing like 5-7 accts that are closed. Nothing negative just "Status:Closed".

Are these extra closed accts effecting the scores of EQ and XP?  I want to get all my scores around 641...even the loan officer couldnt see why.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Update

They very possibly could be effecting the scores if it's that many accounts. It could be hurting your average age of accounts to some degree. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I was thinking. Its the only difference between the reports so I think thats the only thing that it could be...

I wouldnt worry about a difference of 15-20 pts but 48 points?! 

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree 48 pts is somewhat, or for me, it would be very troubling. Enough for me to look into what I could do to fix it, just like you're doing. The missing reports has to be what it is, if literally there is no difference in anything else, even down to all of the other accounts showing the exact same numbers across the board.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So its been a year now. I got approved for a house but I am only at a 593. 

The question I have is: EQ XP are both 593 and TU is 641

When I look at both reports the only thing I see different on TU is that they arent showing any of the closed accts that were included in a BK7 that was in 2012. EQ XP are showing like 5-7 accts that are closed. Nothing negative just "Status:Closed".

Are these extra closed accts effecting the scores of EQ and XP?  I want to get all my scores around 641...even the loan officer couldnt see why.

Those accounts should be marked as "IIB" (Included In Bankruptcy). Dispute them on that basis and many of them may drop off...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.