Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating KD during DV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating KD during DV

Gotta love texas. Sent a company a dv cmrrr on 8/20, haven gotten a response..but they keep updating as a KD. Is that allowed - meaning don't they have to suspend everything until they validate or at the very least respond?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Re: Updating KD during DV

Key derogatories are a relatively new status update and primarily used by EX from what I''ve read - they are now using KD to represent any major derog. and it apparently destroys your score - im not sure about activity after a DV - I know they are not allowed to continue collection activites but I'm not sure if that also means they cannot contiue to report "accurately" - I'd be interested to know this too

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating KD during DV

THey are not allowed to post any negative information pending a debt validation.   Various courts have ruled that posting kds are a form collection activity.  Which makes sense, why else would they be harming your credit score if not to get you to feel cooerced enough to give them what they want. Try reading fdcpa section 809.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.