Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating New Address with CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating New Address with CRA

What is the easiest way to update my new address with CRA.....the current address on one report is from 4 years ago.  Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating New Address with CRA

Via mail, including a copy of your current DL and a utility bill, both showing your correct name and address.
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Via mail, including a copy of your current DL and a utility bill, both showing your correct name and address.
Message 2 of 3
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

I was able to get all old addresses removed from both TU and EQ using their online dispute forms. TU was corrected within 2 days and EQ within a week.

Experian was a slightly different animal but I was also able to have all my old addresses removed!

* Uploaded a letter stating the addresses that were invalid. No mention of fraud or identity theft, just invalid.

* Included a copy of my credit report with my current and one former address circled as valid. I haven't been at my current residence for more than 2 years.

I received an e-mail from Credit Karma that a fraud alert had been posted to my TU account. Called TU to have removed and they stated that it had been pushed to them from EX. I think went to check CCT for my Experian report and noticed that my previous address was now listed as current (D'oh!). Called EX and it looks like they removed all the addresses I flagged as invalid but inadvertently deleted my current address in the process! They also put a fraud alert on my report without asking. I had to provide a copy of my driver's license and a recent utility bill but got my current address put back on and the fraud alert removed.

I was worried getting old addresses off of EX was going to be a nightmare based on previous forum posts.  Looks like I got lucky with this one.  I would recommend anyone looking to clean up their personal information try the experian upload option.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.