cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstart Loans - Derogatory Marks: Goodwill Letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upstart Loans - Derogatory Marks: Goodwill Letter?

Does anyone have experience with Upstart loans and derogatory marks? They are reporting that I am 60 days past due. I have recently paid my past due balance and have been made current. But that those two 30 day lates are killing me (among other things). I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with them. I was thinking about sending a goodwill letter to them to potentially (hopefully) get the lates removed. I am not sure how to proceed... Sugesstions? 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upstart Loans - Derogatory Marks: Goodwill Letter?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have experience with Upstart loans and derogatory marks? They are reporting that I am 60 days past due. I have recently paid my past due balance and have been made current. But that those two 30 day lates are killing me (among other things). I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with them. I was thinking about sending a goodwill letter to them to potentially (hopefully) get the lates removed. I am not sure how to proceed... Sugesstions? 

You said among other things?

If you have multiple baddies on your reports, it's unlikely you will see significant score increase if they are removed. 

It depends when it comes to goodwill adjustments. How new are they, do you have compelling circumstances that caused the late payments, will you get the right person in the Executive Offices that believe and feel bad for your circumstances that caused the lates? Lots of variables.

But to answer your question, the best way to proceed would be to find out who the CEO is and start a goodwill campaign. I would come up with something other than "I'm sorry I was late, I didn't mean it, it won't happen again".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.